Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum

Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum (http://sfot.net/sfot-forums/index.php)
-   Steam Fans (http://sfot.net/sfot-forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Could SFOT offer a Steam tour? (http://sfot.net/sfot-forums/showthread.php?t=4028)

JStroop June 14th, 2013 06:12 PM

Re: Could SFOT offer a Steam tour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JABBS (Post 29329)
SFOT definitely has the elements to make a great tour: live steam, great history and back story. All you need is a great storyteller. The one thing it's lacking that makes the Disney tour so great is the lack of an impressive roundhouse. That is what is so cool about the Disney tour to me.

Exactly.

I'll do the job for the same pay I get now. Which isn't a lot.

Darren85 July 8th, 2013 12:06 AM

Hey, that be awesome to have a tour! If they give that tour a green light, then they can make a lil extra money on the side. But first and foremost...remodel the Roundhouse, paint it up, what's old, replace if needed, what's broken fix it etc.

pyrotechnic thunder April 14th, 2014 01:48 AM

I have to agree with Stroop here.....not much worth seeing!

But I am curious.....does anyone know if Porky Pig is still hanging on the outside of the roundhouse??

Giant12 April 14th, 2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrotechnic thunder (Post 30414)
I have to agree with Stroop here.....not much worth seeing!

But I am curious.....does anyone know if Porky Pig is still hanging on the outside of the roundhouse??

Yep he is there, saw him Saturday night.

pyrotechnic thunder April 14th, 2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant12 (Post 30418)
Yep he is there, saw him Saturday night.

Hard to believe after all these years he is still there......have they repainted him??

Giant12 April 14th, 2014 03:15 PM

I don't think he has ever been repainted, he's held up good because he's kind of protected from the sun and elements on the side there. I think they've only repainted the roundhouse maybe once in the last 20 years and that was without scrapping off the old paint or fixing the dry rot. I've always wondered how that building is still standing or hasn't been damaged by a fire. I would have thought a relight would have sparked off some of the diesel, soot or oil soaked timbers by now. I saw a newbie fireman set the door ablaze once my letting fuel drop on the floor.:jeez:

pyrotechnic thunder April 15th, 2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant12 (Post 30420)
I don't think he has ever been repainted, he's held up good because he's kind of protected from the sun and elements on the side there. I think they've only repainted the roundhouse maybe once in the last 20 years and that was without scrapping off the old paint or fixing the dry rot. I've always wondered how that building is still standing or hasn't been damaged by a fire. I would have thought a relight would have sparked off some of the diesel, soot or oil soaked timbers by now. I saw a newbie fireman set the door ablaze once my letting fuel drop on the floor.:jeez:

And to think most people think he was put there by the sign department!!