Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Removed Rides

Removed Rides Where did all the cool rides go?

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Red Tag

Default Flash Back

There was no wasted time getting this ride out, there's nothing left down there except for the concrete foundations. Did hear some speculation that it's actually being moved to another park, but rumors are rumors and they carry about as much weight as a Space Shuttle in orbit. Now that I think of it, I never rode it...
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:52 AM
General Manager

Default Re: Flash Back

It will be moved to Six Flags St. Louis and renamed Boomerang.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
General Manager

No way they'd pass up the opportunity to recycle at least ONE ride this year
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:25 AM
General Manager

It just seems weird to me that's it actually cheaper to tear down a ride, pack it, ship it and reassemble it in another park!
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
It just seems weird to me that's it actually cheaper to tear down a ride, pack it, ship it and reassemble it in another park!
Carnivals and people that provide rides for state and county fairs move rides all of the time. Some of those rides can get pretty big. Schwarzkopf, who made the Big Bend, even had some traveling looping coasters. Wild Mice rides were usually made to move around. Think of them as just giant Tinker Toys. (I guess that's K'Nex for you young 'ens.)(I could go back all the way to Erector Sets, but then I know some of you would be lost)
www.davismccownlaw.com
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Red Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
It always costs more to create a new ride than it does to move one. The majority of the materials are already assembled, all that's needed is the foundation and a few relatively minor adjustments to make it fit in its new home.
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:34 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parktimes View Post
Carnivals and people that provide rides for state and county fairs move rides all of the time. Some of those rides can get pretty big. Schwarzkopf, who made the Big Bend, even had some traveling looping coasters. Wild Mice rides were usually made to move around. Think of them as just giant Tinker Toys. (I guess that's K'Nex for you young 'ens.)(I could go back all the way to Erector Sets, but then I know some of you would be lost)
I had something similar to Erector, but instead of using nuts and bolts, it had a little rivet gun and used rubber rivets. I don't know what it was called, though... my grandmother got it at a garage sale and it didn't have a box. It was pretty cool, though.
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
I had something similar to Erector, but instead of using nuts and bolts, it had a little rivet gun and used rubber rivets. I don't know what it was called, though... my grandmother got it at a garage sale and it didn't have a box. It was pretty cool, though.
That sounds familiar. Was it this?
http://www.thestrong.org/online-coll...p/1/17/105.872
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

YES!

Thanks, it was making me crazy trying to remember what it was called.
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Red Tag

Well Flashback is no longer at SFOT. All the repainting has been done and it's all but got a sign that says "Boomerang" for it's new location in St Louis.
It's in the process of being loaded up and shipped out this week. One last peek at it for you guys who spent countless summers running it: