Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Park Fans

Park Fans You don't have to be an employee, or former employee to post here. Post comments on the park, things you like, things you don't. Anything a fan of Six Flags over Texas might be concerned or excited about. Go ahead...don't be shy.

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Black Tag

Default First Time Season Pass

Last year we bought Season Passes for the first time ever to go to Holiday in the Park 2013. So we got Holiday in the Park 2013, all of 2014 and of course Holiday in Park 2014. Seemed like a good deal. After last Christmas we finally made a trip on July 30th of this year. It was a Wednesday, it was really cool that day, like in the 80's. The crowds were VERY light too. It was an excellent day. It was also the first time both of my kids were over 36" and we could do much more all together.

Silver Star Carousel

El Sombrero - Twice back to back

Those new tea cups.

Log Ride - Flume 1 and 2 were both open. It was walk-on. We rode Flume 1 first, then my 6 year old daughter and I went right back and rode Flume 2.
Chaparrals - my 3 year old boy really like this A LOT.

The ride formally known as The Cave was closed. Saw maintenance guys working and the end of the tunnel on something under water.

Rode the Train all the way around.

Walked over in the direction of the Mine Train. Tower was closed.

We all rode the Mini Mine Train, and then we rode it again.

I took my 6 year old on the Mine Train for her first time on a big roller coaster. She loved it, as did the little girl behind us who was also riding for the first time. They were only running one train. No rain that day.

Then we rode the Mini Mine Train again.

Walked on around. Skipped the Gotham stuff because the kids are too little and I personally don't care about that section.

Spent a lot of time in the new Bugs' Boomtown and the kids enjoyed everything there. I think the area is really nice. I rode the new water ride with the kids and I did get soaked. Then we went over and rode Splashwater Falls. Kids enjoyed that too!!!

Then made our way back over to Spain, by way of what is left of France. You know, a fort sign and a cannon and some old pics. We rode the Conquistador 4 times back to back due to a new found love of the kids. The tea cups one more time and one last Hat ride.

We had a really good day!!!

We went again on August 15. It was warmer, but the crowds were still not bad. The ride formally known as The Cave was open and I explained to my kids loudly how it used to be better. They didn't care, they liked it how it is. Flume 1 was closed and there was a line for Flume 2 this time. Not like it used to be when I was a kid. People were complaining though about the wait.

It was another fun day.

We will probably try for Halloween and for sure do Holiday in the Park again. Going to get the most out of the passes.
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
General Manager

Default Re: First Time Season Pass

And yet I go on a hot and humid Saturday and Flume 1's high lift pumps are running water for the *appearance* that it's open, but the ride is shut down like Alcatraz and there's a 30-minute wait for Flume 2.
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:00 AM
Gold Tag

Jeff, glad to hear y'all had an excellent time at the park on your trips out this year. Every year is a grand adventure seeing how much the kids have grown and what they can ride and are willing to ride! We've had our passes for years and, while there are many things we could find fault with if we chose, we've always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and never regret shelling out the money for them. We make it out usually 4-5 times a year and always for HIP (my favorite season at the park). I'm sure your kids, like mine, will have many fond memories of SF, just like we all do. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:03 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
And yet I go on a hot and humid Saturday and Flume 1's high lift pumps are running water for the *appearance* that it's open, but the ride is shut down like Alcatraz and there's a 30-minute wait for Flume 2.
Yep. That's happened numerous times to us, too. Went to the park two weeks ago and my kids, who are now 13 and 11 and have been coming almost since they were old enough to walk, finally got to ride Flume 1 for the first time ever. It was awesome and they were thrilled!
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Black Tag

When we were August 15th, Flume 1 docking area looked like it was abandoned in a hurry. Clip board on the ground, pages blowing in the wind, water cooler on the ground with water around it, I assume condensation. Saw one guy spring across and grab an orange vest and disappear on the other side.

There is no extra revenue stream with Flume 1, why run it if there is nothing to sell on that side? Not saying I agree with that approach, but it sure seems like that is what is going on.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:56 PM
Black Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Jeff, glad to hear y'all had an excellent time at the park on your trips out this year. Every year is a grand adventure seeing how much the kids have grown and what they can ride and are willing to ride! We've had our passes for years and, while there are many things we could find fault with if we chose, we've always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and never regret shelling out the money for them. We make it out usually 4-5 times a year and always for HIP (my favorite season at the park). I'm sure your kids, like mine, will have many fond memories of SF, just like we all do. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
I apparently joined a few years ago, but forgot about it. I really don't feel comfortable in this forum as I have never worked in the park. Just have good memories.

I found my way back by the way of a Disney board. There was a rumor regarding Disney buying Warner Brothers and further assumptions that Six Flags parks might lose the rights to the characters in their parks.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHann View Post
I apparently joined a few years ago, but forgot about it. I really don't feel comfortable in this forum as I have never worked in the park. Just have good memories.

I found my way back by the way of a Disney board. There was a rumor regarding Disney buying Warner Brothers and further assumptions that Six Flags parks might lose the rights to the characters in their parks.
We have several here who never worked in the park, but they join right in and share memories. It's interesting to see things from both perspectives. Post away, Jeff!
Old August 22nd, 2014, 04:19 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHann View Post
I should have looked at your join date. The closest I got to working in the park was dating a girl who worked at the Pink Thing stand at Tower a long time ago. I don't even remember how I stumbled across this forum but glad I did; it's been a great means to indulge a shared fondness for a place from which all of us have good memories. And, I might add, where good memories are still being made.
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Black Tag

My girlfriend worked at the pink thing cart near the mine train in the 70's.