Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old February 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
General Manager

Default New Fantasyland

Does anyone know when the new Fantasyland will open?
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Blue Tag

Default Re: New Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
Does anyone know when the new Fantasyland will open?
It will be open on this exact date 5/24/2019
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:56 PM
General Manager

2019? That's seven years from now!
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
2019? That's seven years from now!
Sorry I was just trying to be funny by making up a date.. Ha Ha!
Old February 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Platinum Tag !

According to an Inside the Magic post from last August:

New Fantasyland expansion opening timeline
•Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr.
•Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
•Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
•Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM
General Manager

Does anyone know the status of the new Fantasyland - what attractions are now open, what attractions are under construction, etc?
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:13 PM
General Manager

as of right now (8/31/12):

Story Book Circus is mostly open which consists of two Dumbo spinners (and the new indoor queue-less waiting/play area), Casey Jr Splash Area, the train depot (which looks fantastic with TONS of hidden details), the Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini (same coaster as before, but with a new theme...pretty nice queue line for a kids coaster)...still waiting for Pete's Silly Sideshow to open (which is going to be a meet and greet area)

Fantasyland proper is scheduled to open Dec. 6th with previews starting Nov. 19th so everything in that area (minus the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, late 2013, prob 2014) should be open at that time...the Be Our Guest restaurant has already opened up it's reservations and from what I hear is booked solid everyday between 11/19 through the New Year (you can make reservations 180 days out)

The new Princess Meet & Greet in the old Snow White Scary Adventures spot won't open until 2013

The new bathrooms where the old Fantasyland Skyway building was should be opening soon

here's a link
http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/08...ate-announced/
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM
General Manager

Thanks for the link!
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:36 PM
General Manager

Just as a funny side story to the whole new Fantasyland...the imagineers did an awesome job with the Storybook Circus area...basically the story is Casey Jr (the train from Dumbo...you know "I think I can I think I can...I knew I could I knew I could as it's trying to go over a hill) has pulled into the area and decided to stay put, hence the circus area (there are actually tracks in the ground that run from the Casey Jr Splash area down to the real railroad tracks as if it was a spur line) and what do you epect to see on the ground at a circus, especially right next a bunch of elephants...peanuts, which are scattered about the land impeded in the cement

This is where it gets funny...after the area opened a few months ago people started to complain at Guest Services that their child couldn't go into the new area because of all the peanut shells on the ground and they were having an allergic reaction only to look stupid when they are told the peanut shells aren't real, they are only foam/concrete decorations made to look like peanuts (and even if they were real, they have so much clear coating on them to prevent them from being destroyed by thousands of feet stepping on top of them daily I doubt it would negatively affect anyone)

So recently as an inside joke the imagineers have placed a whole bucket of the fake peanuts inside the kids splash area replacing a bucket that previously contained fruit
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
General Manager

Update:

The new section of Fantasyland has had most of the new attractions open recently as "sneak peeks" recently...in fact the new Belle show/meet & greet has been previewing over a month now and the new Little Mermaid ride about 2 weeks...it's still hit or miss at this point what will be open if you decide to visit now, but I have been able to experience everything within it except Be Our Guest restaurant, which I was able to tour, but not eat (minus the mine coaster too as it's still under construction)

Storybook Circus: See above for a quick review...the gift shop and Pete's are now open but not a lot to say about them...at Pete's you can meet either Minnie & Daisy or Donald & Goofy (you have to wait twice if you want to meet all 4)...the gift shop is a gift shop but with a candy store (fudge/caramel apples/cup cakes/etc) inside now

Storytime with Belle: fun show for the kids, awesome animatronics and special effects, lots of great detail...it'll be a every once in a while thing but only when the lines are short

Gaston's Tavern: signature drink called Lefou's Brew is ok...nothing special, just frozen apple juice with some foam on top...signature food is a roasted pork shank...mmmm, so good...the meat was really tender and the skin was crispy

Be Our Guest restaurant: looked nice

Ariel's Under the Sea's Adventure: fun little ride, almost an exact copy of the one from DCA thought the queue line for this one is very well themed and LONG...I hope to never have to wait in the full queue line for this one...time will tell if they made the line too big because the one in CA never had much of a line while we were there...granted it's different demographics but as it is an omnimover type ride, the line moves pretty continuously

Meet & Greet with Ariel: it is what it is, but some dad's may have a hard time focusing on taking their kids picture (i'll just leave it at that)