Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Design your own Ride / Attraction

Design your own Ride / Attraction Yes.. let's see if SF management is looking at the forums. Let's give them some ideas for new rides / re-theming attractions, etc. Let the creative juices flow!!

Old May 17th, 2005, 10:44 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default My ride idea:

I always loved this idea, and it would have made money for the park too. At one point, after Premier Parks took over, there was talk about either remodelling or scrapping the Chapparal Cars ride. As their line of thinking went, the cars are expensive to maintain, guzzle gas, and are tough on the environment. The ride track is pretty big, and all that real estate could be put to use by something that will either draw more guests to the park, or generate income for the shareholders.

What I thought would be interesting is to leave it a vehicle-type ride, but convert the old cars from loud, gas-powered lawnmowers with seats to electric golf carts, and make them look like safari jeeps. Outfit them with laser guns, and essentially make a wild game shooting gallery on wheels... Charge each guest a few bucks to ride, have moving targets throughout the ride, and each cart would have an onboard computer that would keep the score of each rider, how many shots they hit, what each shot was worth, etc.... then when they got to the end of the ride, the riders would get tickets redeemable for prizes.
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up

While I agree with the bad impact on the environment with the gas engines, I don't like the sound or lack thereof that comes from the electric cars. If you go to Fiesta Texas, the car track there is just wrong somehow. No sound, just a bunch of gutless cars circling a track. Part of the attraction of the Chaps cars is that Tin Lizzie sound and feel.

I love the idea of a shoot-m-up ride though. The Disney...or was it Universal (the memory fades) Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot aliens throughout is a hoot. So, maybe take a fee...like you mention as an "Environmental fee" (Six Flags would contribute to some good environmental cause with a portion...yeah right) and also take your idea as a shooter game and bring them together. Imagine an old west (it is the Texas section) with the person riding "Shotgun" really getting to shoot shotgun.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old May 25th, 2005, 06:13 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Don't get me wrong...

I agree. I was the foreman at Chaps for a season, and I loved every bit of it, including the loud sound, exhuast smell... changing spark plugs on the fly for stalled cars... But all those reasons for doing something to that area were those of park management, definitely not mine. My idea was just to go with their criteria and make something that would be fun and functional and profitable - though I have to say that every move in the name of profit that the park has made has been questionable in terms of 'good for the park', as well as questionable for profitablility in the long term. Reducing costs to raise profits, rather than increasing revenues will never work out in the long term.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Red Tag

Stroop,

I think you got a little too much smoke while firing on the engine!

How's it going bud?
Old June 6th, 2005, 01:34 PM
General Manager

Default No such thing

There's no such thing as too much engine smoke!

Check your email... I sent you a message through the board. Check the 'Upcoming Events' forum too.