Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > General SFOT Forum

General SFOT Forum General SFot discussion

Old January 21st, 2018, 11:53 AM
General Manager

Exclamation New for 2018!

The red coaches for the railroad are being painted as we speak. The Tower is scheduled to be painted, with a $500,000.00 price tag, I'm told. Not sure what color though? The front gate restrooms are being remodeled. I assume enlarged as well. A huge dumpster/compactor pad has been poured in the old Rapids queue line behind the USA Cafe. The security compactors will be moved to that location. A new TV has gone up in the Johnson Creek Railroad station. We're going to show a loop video of the history of the park with emphasis on the trains, even before we got them! Johnson Creek Station will be remodeled on the inside (some) to make it a museum for the RR. The old Caricature shop just across the street from the Mine Train is gone along with attached arcade to the left. It's being replaced with a sports bar of sorts. Crazy Legs is finally being removed for good, however I'm sure they'll end up just moving it somewhere else. There's a chance they might fix the leaking Cave ride tubs, (over half of them now leak bad) but I doubt it. ROFL. Last season they we're taking bids to have the Boomtown Railroad station rebuilt. That's the last I heard of that though, so not too sure yet, but I will find out.
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:13 AM
General Manager

Default Re: New for 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
Crazy Legs is finally being removed for good, however I'm sure they'll end up just moving it somewhere else.
Crazy Legs is one of the few flat rides I enjoy. I will take Crazy Legs over that new contraption any day of the week.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:30 AM
Gold Tag

Thanks for the info, Travis! I saw a pad had been poured when we were there for HIP. Was wondering what that was for. Glad to see them spending some money on paint. Would love to see some more, particularly on some of the que houses, handrails, etc. Some of those things are starting to look a little shabby.

Not surprised they're going to open another sports bar. The one in Mexico seems to be doing pretty well.

I'm with Krista...Crazy Legs is one of my family's favorites. Hope they just move it somewhere. Any word on what's going there?
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:18 AM
General Manager

Not sure what's going in that spot, if anything. The TV is up at Johnson Creek and the video is now looping. Here's one of the videos - https://youtu.be/B1xfRCbbNDg Just look for Dusty Wings Productions.
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old January 31st, 2018, 08:13 AM
General Manager

Harley Quinn Spinsanity:

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/a...ons/newfor2018
Old January 31st, 2018, 09:38 AM
General Manager

He was talking about what might be going in the spot where crazy legs was. The new one is going right next to Joker.
Old February 1st, 2018, 08:30 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
He was talking about what might be going in the spot where crazy legs was. The new one is going right next to Joker.
I thought it *was* going where Crazy Legs was...
Old February 2nd, 2018, 07:58 AM
General Manager

No mam, it's just taking the name and I hear the damn character scheme and color scheme (red, white, and black diamonds). That spot is way to small for the new beast anyway. The new one is huge. --Correction-- Red, Black, and Grey. No diamonds. Also, I just found Panda is getting some sort of moving platform to help load faster??

Last edited by thecloak; February 2nd, 2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old February 26th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Red Tag

Hey Travis! I meant to ask the other day, do they have any plans for the tower stunt show arena other than haunted houses? It sure takes up a ton of space to sit dormant most of the year!

-Chaz
Old March 1st, 2018, 07:34 AM
General Manager

No, but they are talking about making the haunted more permanent so they don't have to tear down and rebuild. Remove the tents, etc. More time to make them better each year. Who knows what'll happen.