Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  


Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
C Heenan C Heenan is offline
Gold Tag
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
And even I could eat at Club 33 in my wheelchair since it has the classic elevator (assuming I had an "in" to the place).
Have you visited the park in your wheelchair? Did you find it to be wheelchair-friendly? I seem to recall some wheelchair-bound guests passing me as I was going down the exits of a few rides, but I don't believe I've ever seen how they handle transferring people anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
ewilken ewilken is offline
Gold Tag
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 313
Default

As I'm reading all this Disney stuff the most appropriate music starts playing on my ipod, Tinkerbell's Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks music. Perfect...
__________________
Erica
Games - 1991
Roaring Rapids - 1992
Shockwave - 1993
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Twisted's Avatar
Twisted Twisted is offline
General Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 3,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Heenan View Post
Have you visited the park in your wheelchair? Did you find it to be wheelchair-friendly? I seem to recall some wheelchair-bound guests passing me as I was going down the exits of a few rides, but I don't believe I've ever seen how they handle transferring people anywhere.
Not yet. But from what I understand the park is quite ADA compliant. Plus we allow Haunted Mansion fans extra time to scrutinize the scenes while waiting for us gimps to hold up the ride ("Playful spooks have interrupted our tour....").
__________________
"Six Flags is what you wish the world could be!"
1975 commercial jingle
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Twisted's Avatar
Twisted Twisted is offline
General Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 3,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilken View Post
As I'm reading all this Disney stuff the most appropriate music starts playing on my ipod, Tinkerbell's Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks music. Perfect...
Good idea Erica! Now I feel like cueing the Fantasmic! music to set the mood.
__________________
"Six Flags is what you wish the world could be!"
1975 commercial jingle
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:05 PM
hjennings hjennings is offline
Red Tag
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sherman
Posts: 81
Angry You have got to be kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
Great vid! I have always heard about that place. Just thought it was a myth much like the female g spot.
You have got to be kidding. Find the G spot now! It ain't rocket science , man. I'm assuming you are a man... If you are married or have someone special she is missing out. She needs to kick you to the curb, cuz it ain't no myth. I'd drop my hubby like a hot tater if he couldn't hit it. Do your homework!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
C Heenan C Heenan is offline
Gold Tag
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
Not yet. But from what I understand the park is quite ADA compliant. Plus we allow Haunted Mansion fans extra time to scrutinize the scenes while waiting for us gimps to hold up the ride ("Playful spooks have interrupted our tour....").
When we were at Disneyland in May we were behind a party in the regular line at the Haunted Mansion that included a person in a motorized wheelchair/scooter. At one point he literally got jammed in one of the que line turns and it took some time ot get him out again since he couldn't be easily removed from the chair. Someone in the line then informed them that they could use the exit line and they seemed surprised. I wonder how they got through the front gate without being told about that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Search the SFOT Site with Google...


Loading


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SFOT.NET and the associated content on these pages are not affiliated or otherwise associated as an entity with Six Flags over Texas, inc. Images and content are used with permission or original content of SFOT.net.