Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old February 5th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Platinum Tag !

Having been in that water in late summer on more than one occasion, I don't know why anyone would go in there by choice for leisure purposes.

And, yeah, I imagine having someone die on the ride resulted in a few changes from an insurance perspective.
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBS View Post
Having been in that water in late summer on more than one occasion, I don't know why anyone would go in there by choice for leisure purposes.

And, yeah, I imagine having someone die on the ride resulted in a few changes from an insurance perspective.
Guess I was editing my previous post when you posted....as far as by choice....you just had to know Claus....I always liked him and I think he is an outstanding individual....but sometimes I think he had a warped brain when I look at some of the crazy stuff he did. Not only at the park, but also on the annual beach trips we made to Mustang Island and the ski trips to Summit County, CO., how he always emerged unscathed amazed me.

And as far as the insurance perspective....leave it to the insurance companies to mess things up....but I guess that is in part to the sue happy society that we live in these days!!
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
General Manager

All I know is, we parked all the boats on the belts for the last time, I came through 2 weeks later to work at Superman and all the boats were gone. Not sure how maint. got them out. I stood at each OP and was amazed at how different the ride looks without any water. I still remember Merv and OP2!!
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!