Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old March 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Gold Tag

Default Question for Current/Former Employees

This year, me and the wife are deciding on whether or not to get season passes. I took our little girl to SFOT for the first time 2 years ago this father's day at 42" tall. I figured it would be a day of kiddie rides. Nope, we rode the shock wave dozens of times, and she was quite upset that she couldn't ride Titan and a few others.

Here my question. Now she is 47 1/2" tall. She is a half inch shy of Titan. Lets say she has shoes that will put her at 48", is that a safety issue? Are the height requirements rigorously enforced? When we went on shock wave 2 years ago, nobody even questioned it.

Basically I'm wanting to justify the money spent on season passes. If she can finally ride her rides that I am fine with it. If not, then she will get bored too quickly because she wants coasters, not kiddie rides.
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
General Manager

Hey, if she's rarin' to go, encourage it. I know grown adults that still won't do the coaster thing, so embrace your good fortune. Just make sure she understands that she might not be allowed on everything, but then point out the coasters she can ride. As far as the height issue, insurance companies and manufacturers set the requirements for the most part. If wearing thicker shoes helps meet the requirement, go for it. Plus, you can expect "growth spurts" as the year goes on.

Addendum: Make sure the thicker shoes are still comfy for a long day in a theme park. Blisters = a very bad day for all concerned.
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:36 AM
General Manager

And remember the height stick has to be touching her actual head, not just hair.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:57 PM
General Manager

I used to tell parents to stuff shoes or have the kid take in a big deep breath, but this was also for kids who only needed juuuuuuust that much more for the scalp to touch the stick. After all, we could never tell the difference between a stuffing job and the real thing anyway.

The bottom line is if there's something you can do to give her that much more room, great. Just don't take the shoes off. She still has to meet that requirement while the ride's in motion.
Old March 9th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
I used to tell parents to stuff shoes or have the kid take in a big deep breath, but this was also for kids who only needed juuuuuuust that much more for the scalp to touch the stick. After all, we could never tell the difference between a stuffing job and the real thing anyway.

The bottom line is if there's something you can do to give her that much more room, great. Just don't take the shoes off. She still has to meet that requirement while the ride's in motion.
Thanks for the advice! She is 47 1/2 inches, and I need to make her 48. Me and her are going to have a father daughter day on Saturday and get a couple of play passes and a parking pass. This will give us tons more father/daughter days. She really, really wants to ride Titan.
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
After all, we could never tell the difference between a stuffing job and the real thing anyway.
Okay, I'm not going to touch that one.

www.davismccownlaw.com