Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old July 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parktimes View Post
I was thinking it was Manor Bread that sponsored the train, starting about 1977.
Yeah, it was Manor Bread for a few yers, then Rainbow (or Rainbo ... I seem to remember it being spelled without the W in the logo).
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
Interesting stuff, Indiswish. Didn't know Shapiro had an entire department devoted to sponsorship.
Yeah the Shapiro group needed to some seriously new revenue streams and this was one of the least utilized avenues in the park. A lot of the revenue increases (although overall they posted losses each quarter) for the company was from the Corporate Alliances department.
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Gold Tag

This is a little off topic, but from the early days, there were also lessees- outside companies that were licensed to operate within the park. Goff's, El Chico and Naler's are three that come to mind.
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Medford View Post
Yeah, it was Manor Bread for a few yers, then Rainbow (or Rainbo ... I seem to remember it being spelled without the W in the logo).
That's right... I forgot about Manor. We used the line 'Brought to you by Rainbo Bread... we're building Iron Kids' in the spiel in '88. I honestly don't remember how it was spelled.
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:51 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
This is a little off topic, but from the early days, there were also lessees- outside companies that were licensed to operate within the park. Goff's, El Chico and Naler's are three that come to mind.
My first job at the park was with a leasee. I worked at all their stores, but mostly at the Six Flags store... Mindy Lu's Fried Pies - it operated out of one of the buildings in the TX section which ultimately became an empty facade for the gunfight show.

I didn't know Goff's had an in-park presence. Seems like I remember they operated that space that has housed so many failed restaurants. Or was it Cheddars before it was a Cheddar's? I'm probably wrong about that. Have we talked about this before? I'm getting old... my meory ain't what it used to be.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Or was it Cheddars before it was a Cheddar's? I'm probably wrong about that. Have we talked about this before? I'm getting old... my meory ain't what it used to be.

I think Cheddar's was original to that space. This is the third time this week that Cheddar's has been mentioned. I think it's time for a visit and a fantabulous cookie monster.

So, you start making up new words in your old age? Meory??
Shockwave - 1993
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Platinum Tag !

His memory is so bad that he forgot the "m" in the middle.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
My first job at the park was with a leasee. I worked at all their stores, but mostly at the Six Flags store... Mindy Lu's Fried Pies - it operated out of one of the buildings in the TX section which ultimately became an empty facade for the gunfight show.

I didn't know Goff's had an in-park presence. Seems like I remember they operated that space that has housed so many failed restaurants. Or was it Cheddars before it was a Cheddar's? I'm probably wrong about that. Have we talked about this before? I'm getting old... my meory ain't what it used to be.
My memory's not that great either, but I seem to remember, at Six Flags, Goff's was involved in selling ice cream. I think they had an ice cream parlor. Whatever else they do in the outside world, at the park it was ice cream only.
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBS View Post
His memory is so bad that he forgot the "m" in the middle.
I got one middle thing that I haven't forgotten ;-) Let me remind you: ,,!,,