Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Security

Security Security discussion

Old March 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Black Tag

Default What are your fondest/funniest memories..

I thought I would give a shot at starting a new thread in the Security section since one hasn't been started since the migration to the new site. What are your fondest or funniest memories of working in the Security deaprtment?

I worked as a Traffic Attendant foreman in 1987 and I was driving around with James Bell in 806 (the blue security truck) and we came up to one of our wonderful staff members who was sitting down on one of the yellow stands that the water jugs would go on. It was hot out there, as it ususally was and out of the blue James looks at the T.A. and says, "That there's a stand, not a seat. Sit there again, and I'll lop off your feet." Smiled, and then drove away with the T.A. standing there with her mouth wide open in disbelief.

Another time in 1988 I was a Security Guard and I was down in the back area behind the first aid station near the Bobsled ride. It had just gotten good a and dark and as I was walking my beat (cop talk) I saw out of the corner of my eye someone coming over the fence from the picnic area. I waited behind one of the concrete footings for the Bobsled until both guys were completely over the fence. I stepped out and before I could even say, "Hello. Can I help you?" They bolted. Only problem was they bolted back up the road towards wardrobe. I was running and trying to talk on my brick of a radio at the same time to try to get some help. I yelled at another employee to stop one of the trespassers and he almost clotheslined the poor idiot. Stopped him dead in his tracks. The second guy didn't fare much better as he ran into Marc Marculec, one of our Internal Security guys. By the time the security truck showed up, Marc and I had them on their knees with their legs crossed behind their backs and feeling relly stupid with everyone in the wardrobe area looking at them. Marc Marculec is now a Police Officer in Ft Worth I believe and I have even seen him in a few episodes of COPS.

I'll post more as I think of them.

Wade Pettigrew
86-89 Security
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Red Tag

Not sure which dept they was from, but just this past week there was an employee who showed up at the back entrance drunk.
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:04 AM
General Manager

IT WAS NOT ME! LOL
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Red Tag

Quote:
Marc Marculec is now a Police Officer in Ft Worth I believe and I have even seen him in a few episodes of COPS
Speaking of FWPD & Cops, there was one episide where there was a structure fire and an officer busted out the windows on the wrong house...I met that officer last summer. He was working one of the concerts on a saturday night.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: What are your fondest/funniest memories..

I worked as TA as well but it was summer of 85 & 86. I was 15 when I started and what I do remember is that I learned all about sex, drugs, and rocknroll there.