Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > General SFOT Forum

General SFOT Forum General SFot discussion

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:04 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope
Hopefully it won't be a Thomas the Train playground or a Wiggles World
I haven't heard a single bit of Thomas or Wiggles coming this way, but you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope
Any ideas where Snow Hill would be re-located? That hill going down towards Chaps would be fun, but I'm sure that's not it.
No clue. I don't think they'd get rid of it, it's kinda what makes it "Holiday in the Park." Good idea for the replacement area though. That would be cool.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Blue Tag

Default Panel of ex-perts

I will miss you Wildcatter

Now thats a big panel

See More http://www.bigpooh.com/gallery/album04?page=1
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Platinum Tag !

Thanks for the photo! Brings back the memories! The year I was foreman at Cliffhanger the ride did'nt open at the begining of the season because they were rebuilding the brakes and the computer. So, I spent countless hours cycling empty cars through the ride in manual mode, while the ETs and Mechanics worked out their problems. I think I did this for about three weeks before they decided that the ride could open. The funny thing was no one had trained me on the panel and there was no one else available to cycle the ride so I was taught on the job by the mechanics, talk about scary! Then I think it was Friday and my Supe said your opening in the morning go take your essay test. well, no one had ever trained me officially for the test so needless to say it was tough, I think I left have of the test blank, so they just told me the answers and I filled them in to pass. Of course this was during the great staffing shortage of 1995 and this was the first year that no permenant driver sat in the box at Cliffhanger!
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Black Tag

I feel bad that the crews won't have the opportunity to throw anymore keggers with the money they collect under the ride....Such a time honored tradition....Sad to see it go...
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
General Manager

Yea that's one thing I wish I coulda had when I worked there: a digi camera. Far less hassle than scannage. I've got thousands of pictures of everything SFOT-related..but they're all Kodak 35mm.
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

One of the guys on my crew used locking forceps to pull coins out from behind and between the seats.

BRILLIANT!
Old September 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Platinum Tag !

Default Wow I just took a pic last weekend.

I just went out there at got it. If I knew they were doing this I would of got closer and got some different shots. I will see what I can get this weekend.

If you want to see the full size the link is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7154359...7601822417152/

Also Krista I personally am glad you got them on film until recently the quality of digital has not been able to match actual 35mm. You can scan them and get great quality images. Much better than if you took them with lets say a 1/4 megapixel jpeg camera from 1996....
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop
Snow Hill... not so much fun to work, but all those years of snowblowing, the crews I worked with were a lot of fun.
My personal connection between Snow Hill and Cliffhanger starts with mastering the ability pile snow on the ride dock while manning the front of the out-of-control snowblower hose.

I opened the '94 season as foreman, the last season with the driver in the box. I had a lot of fun working there, usually at the expense of my co-foreman, Nhan Nguyen.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid280
Also Krista I personally am glad you got them on film until recently the quality of digital has not been able to match actual 35mm. You can scan them and get great quality images. Much better than if you took them with lets say a 1/4 megapixel jpeg camera from 1996....
Yea it took me quite a long time to warm up to digital cameras, because I am a photo album FREAK..and for a long time that was a major disadvantage because I thought you took pics on a digi and all you could do was upload them to a computer. Until I learned that the same photo places I took my rolls of film processed pics on a memory card or, like Kodak, you upload them to a gallery and you can buy any print you want in any quantity you want. Now, I couldn't imagine not taking digital pictures. I still have rolls of film to develop that probably won't turn out very well because they're well over a few years old.

But at this point in time, I don't have a working scanner. Even if it did work, I wouldn't know how to do it.

I was out there the weekend of the 8th, and I know they did a block check on it. Dismantling began on the 12th; first they removed the cars, then they started removing the lift chain. Reportedly the only thing left standing now is the structure; even the operational guts of it have been pulled. I drive by the park every day to and from work and managed to snap a money shot--from my moving car at 60 mph or so--of the "skyline" with it still there. (I say it's a money shot because I took the picture without looking at the viewfinder since I was driving, and I managed to not get any cars from the opposing direction in the shot.) I'll have to post it once I get it uploaded. Maybe this weekend I'll drive around the park perimeter and get some from over by I-30, then from over by the Ballpark, etc.

Last edited by Krista 96-02; September 19th, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Gold Tag

Man, am I gonna miss the sound of that thing. One of the all-time classic Park sounds.