Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Grounds Quality

Grounds Quality Keep'n it clean: GQ discussion

Old December 30th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Black Tag

Default GQ Memories...

What about those "lovely" brown uniforms. They were so comfortable and everyone looked so fashionable.

Draining the fountains at the pizza restaurant across from Crazy Horse Saloon and splitting the change among those that helped.

Scrubbing the picnic tables at the watermelon patch and the white lines at the gunfight.

Sitting in the back area behind Fishermans Wharf eating freshly cooked hushpuppies.

Getting free pink things (without sticks) before the park opened and eating them in the back area.

The lovely Six Flags tan that looked so well at the pool, and what about those baked potatoes, YUM!
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Black Tag

Oh the good old days.. thanks Pam for bringing back some old "good" memories
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: GQ Memories...

I was there in '72 and swept up mainly in the boomtown area (first it was the Southern Section). LOL, I so remember having to get down in the tracks of the Run Away Mine Train and get up cigarette butts and pink thing sticks before the operator let the train go. I was always worried he or she might accidentally hit the go switch! I also would hop on the Carousel to sweep up while it was going. Back then, that carousel had a real mechanical pipe organ and drum set...I just loved the sound! On the way home, I could literally hear those tunes ringing in my ears!