Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Office Staff

Office Staff Office talk

Closed Thread

Old December 21st, 2004, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default Office entries from old SFOT.net pages

Kevin Bailey

Seasons worked: 1973 -1979

Email: Kevin Bailey

Areas of Park: Marketing, Warehouse, Southern Palace (shows)

People to find: Anyone from the above mentioned departments

Monday, September 09, 2002 at 19:15:01 (CDT)

Danielle Carey

Went by: Danielle McWilliams (aka blondie)

Seasons worked: 1983-1990

Funny Story or happening:

Way to many to talk about...

Lots of wonderful memories and the best friends in the world. I still keep in touch with Wendy McIntyre and Whitney Drennen (Fairchild) ocassionally.

Email: Danielle Carey

Areas of Park: Parking Lot, Wardrobe, Guest Relations, Security (front desk), Concert Security

People to find: Kathy Ailara, James Bell, Doug Garriety, Jay Owen, Scott and Lesa Hess, Tammy Armstrong, John Bennet, and more ...

Other info: I have been married for 11 years my hubby, Russ. We have two kids - Alyssa (7) and Rusty (4). I am working in Accounting for a small business and then my hubby and I run/operate a dirtbike track out near greenville. check it out: www.badlandsmx.com

Tuesday, August 13, 2002 at 11:22:47 (CDT)

Carey Don Risinger

Seasons worked: 1965-1983, 1998-2001

What a story....too many to mention....it was a helluva ride.....
Finally have escaped out to the real world after being in and around the park for 37 years in one form or the other.

Email: Carey Don Risinger

Areas of Park: Food Service....all positions

Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at 17:14:24 (CDT)

Larry Gentry

Went by: Miss Larry Gentry (not!)

Seasons worked: 1976-1991

No funny stories in particular and so many details get lost with time. But even now, at the strangest times, some old memory from my Six Flags days plays like a movie in my brain and it warms my soul. I know I wasn't very good about keeping in touch with so many people, but they're in my heart and mind in ways I never would've guessed at the time. I hope each of you is having a happy life.

Email: Larry Gentry

Areas of Park: Ride Operations, Admissions, Cash Control

Other info: http://www.facelink.com/lvg95060

Monday, March 25, 2002 at 20:49:10 (CST)

Lori De La Cruz

Went by: Lori Eggleston

Seasons worked: 1981-1989

The most fun I ever had was working at Dry Hole Charlie's. We would put a "jambox" up on the counter and blare "Dirty Jobs Done Dirt Cheap" over and over again. And when the supervisors made us get rid of the radio, we spoke in pig latin...all the time.

Email: Lori De La Cruz

Areas of Park: Puppet Theatre, new Canteen, Dry Hole Charlie's, and some Sausage place

People to find: Dan Lieberman,

Other info: Earned degree in Communications from UTA in 1987. Now live in Euless and am Communications/Marketing Manager for the City. Also have beautiful 3-year-old daughter.

Thursday, September 20, 2001 at 22:03:01 (CDT)

Marlene Wehr

Seasons worked: 1992-1998

Email: Marlene Wehr

Other info: I am already listed on your web page - I was wondering if you could remove my submission. Thanks in advance!! Marlene

Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 09:05:18 (CDT)

John Gray

Seasons worked: 1984-2001

While I was working in Group Sales on a Senior Night program- We had a Chevy car on display down near the Shockwave that we were going to give away. It was the Spring and We had one of those notorious Johnson Creek Floods. Needless to say, the car tuned into a submarine.

Email: John Gray

Areas of Park: Confedracy, Texas, Mexico, Marketing, Group Sales, Ice House

People to find: Scott Hees

Friday, June 08, 2001 at 08:37:42 (CDT)

Julia Phillips

Went by: Blackwell

Seasons worked: 1961

Rolph Rolph (the man who installed/responsible for the sky lift) walked into the park office and set a pea fowl down in the middle of my desk and left. She was mean and trying to peck me so I did not want to touch her. I hollered at him to come and get it. He finally came back and took her away.

It was my job to warn Mr. Thompson (park manager), Jerry Park and whoever else was in the office playing cards when I saw Mr. Angus Wynne coming so they could clear the cards off the desk and look busy. One day Mr. Wynn walked around the corner of the building. The windows were open so I could not yell. I tried to get their attention, but he came in before they could get rid of the cards. He did not do anything to them. He may have even sat down and played a hand with them.

Email: Julia Phillips

Areas of Park: park office, front ticket booth and Confederate ticket booth

Sunday, June 03, 2001 at 21:22:19 (CDT)

Bill Messersmith-- Director Finance

Seasons worked: 1972_1975

Email: Bill Messersmith-- Director Finance

Areas of Park: office

Wednesday, January 31, 2001 at 14:47:25 (CST)

Larry Gentry

Seasons worked: 1976-1990

Most are all muted and misty in my memory but once in a while some memory comes shining through and it always brings a smile to my face.

Email: Larry Gentry

People to find: If I made five friends each season over 15 seasons, it's too many names to list. Would love to hear from anyone who wants to say hello.

Other info: http://www.facelink.com/lvg95060

Wednesday, January 17, 2001 at 23:27:52 (CST)

Tom (Tommy) Beene

Seasons worked: 1967 and on

Areas of park: Started on River Ride, moved to Log Flume, then Supv.

email: Tom Beene

Other info : Alan, this is faboulous, I read the article in the paper this morning. After I went to SFOG, I became Personnel Manager at 21, for one year was both Personnel Manager and Live Show Manager. I then went to Calf. as Park operations manager for Japanese Village. When Wayne Gallagher left the SFOT coprorate office and went to the State Fair of Texas, he recruited my to come back to Dallas. You may or may not Errol McKoy, past President of SFOG and SFOT and is now the President of the Sate Fair of Texas. I have sever friends, I will contact to make sure they know about this site. Again this if faboulous.

Janice Cook

Seasons worked: 1983-1988

Areas of park: GT Cars, Front Gate, and the office - Guest Information

email: Janice Cook

Other info : I currently live in Grand Prairie, but I am getting married 12/2/00 and will be moving to Rowlett. I currently work as a Human Resources Director.

Ride Operations
Office Staff/Group Sales, etc.

Jan Farmer- Reilly

went by: Jan Farmer

Seasons worked: 1969-1972

Areas of park: Ride Operations/Maintanance Dispatcher

email:
Closed Thread