Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Removed Attractions

Removed Attractions Removed Attractions/shows, etc.

Old December 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
By the way, what the hell happened to my salt water taffy shop that used to be by The Cave? When I had a seasons pass, I would go to the park ONLY to buy taffy!
Dude I'm so with you...I was so PO'd when I went out there and it was gone...i even wrote about it on here some where(http://www.sfot.net/sfot-forums/show...ighlight=taffy)...I would usually go and buy a big bag of it on Saturday's for my crew
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
We did have it years ago. El Chico used to be there. Heck, I'd even settle for a Taco Cabana, although we'd never see .99 margaritas in the park.
warning...I'm highjacking this thread... 99 cent Margaritas! There used to be a place on Collins called Two Pesos that had great 99 cent Margaritas and great food. They got in a battle with Taco Cabana over 'look and feel' and lost out or were bought or something like that. They had way better food. Anyway, 'On the Border' also meddled in the fast tex mex waters too with a place in Dallas called "Border Stop". It was even better than the regular 'On the Border' restaurants I thought. Mmmmm... That was around 86 that I was a regular there.

Oh yeah...what were we talking about? Go-carts. Hmmm... never rode them. Had to pay extra...not the same as Happy Motoring... good riddance!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old December 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin View Post
warning...I'm highjacking this thread... 99 cent Margaritas! There used to be a place on Collins called Two Pesos that had great 99 cent Margaritas and great food. They got in a battle with Taco Cabana over 'look and feel' and lost out or were bought or something like that. They had way better food. Anyway, 'On the Border' also meddled in the fast tex mex waters too with a place in Dallas called "Border Stop". It was even better than the regular 'On the Border' restaurants I thought. Mmmmm... That was around 86 that I was a regular there.

Oh yeah...what were we talking about? Go-carts. Hmmm... never rode them. Had to pay extra...not the same as Happy Motoring... good riddance!
Hell yeah I remember Two Pesos! There used to be one at the corner of Grapevine HWY and 820 (where Hooters now sits) and we used to go there all the time. I was too young to take advantage of 99 cent margaritas though. The thing I remember most about that place was the 2 drive thru's, but the second lane was a mechanical tray. I thought that was cool as a kid.

And yeah, the go-carts sucked.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM

It seems we may be celebrating the demise of the go-carts a little too soon.
The original post was just a question and Krista responded that they are still there. So, unless I missed something, they arenít gone yet.
www.davismccownlaw.com
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parktimes View Post
It seems we may be celebrating the demise of the go-carts a little too soon.
The original post was just a question and Krista responded that they are still there. So, unless I missed something, they arenít gone yet.
Eh, we hate to see a thread go to waste so we kept it going it for other topics. The "threadjacking" was actually Alan Reynolds' fault. Taco Cabana, El Chico, Two Pesos, .99 cent margaritas and even Hooters were mentioned along the way.

Cyberspace is a terrible thing to waste here at sfot.net.

And just so we stay on topic, in my opinion, Go-Karts suck if not included in the regular admission price. Six Flags should be running them, not leasees.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Red Tag

Default Re: The Go-Karts are gone?

I'm guessing El Chico was in the building next to Fiesta de los Tazas. I've hardly ever seen that place used as a restaurant lately. In fact, they used it for season pass processing a month ago. Is the problem some sort of safety or code issue that's too expensive to fix at the moment?
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyThomas View Post
I'm guessing El Chico was in the building next to Fiesta de los Tazas. I've hardly ever seen that place used as a restaurant lately. In fact, they used it for season pass processing a month ago. Is the problem some sort of safety or code issue that's too expensive to fix at the moment?
Yes it's astounding and frankly I'm dumbfounded as to why Six Flags can't utilize the one building in their park that looks like a traditional restaraunt. I'm also equally dumbfounded why Six Flags does not have a Tex-Mex food option in the entire park.
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviRaider View Post
Yes it's astounding and frankly I'm dumbfounded as to why Six Flags can't utilize the one building in their park that looks like a traditional restaraunt. I'm also equally dumbfounded why Six Flags does not have a Tex-Mex food option in the entire park.
Well... It's mucho hard to make...

Tacos - beans, meat, and cheese
Enchiladas - beans, meat, and cheese
Burritos - beans, meat, and cheese
Tostada - beans, meat, and cheese
Taco Salads - lettuce, beans, meat, and cheese.

SEE!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old April 17th, 2013, 05:53 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin View Post
Well... It's mucho hard to make...

Tacos - beans, meat, and cheese
Enchiladas - beans, meat, and cheese
Burritos - beans, meat, and cheese
Tostada - beans, meat, and cheese
Taco Salads - lettuce, beans, meat, and cheese.

SEE!
you forgot tortilla