Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  


Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Removed Attractions

Removed Attractions Removed Attractions/shows, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
VanceCope VanceCope is offline
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
By the way, what the hell happened to my salt water taffy shop that used to be by The Cave? When I had a seasons pass, I would go to the park ONLY to buy taffy!
Dude I'm so with you...I was so PO'd when I went out there and it was gone...i even wrote about it on here some where(http://www.sfot.net/sfot-forums/show...ighlight=taffy)...I would usually go and buy a big bag of it on Saturday's for my crew
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
sfotadmin's Avatar
sfotadmin sfotadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
We did have it years ago. El Chico used to be there. Heck, I'd even settle for a Taco Cabana, although we'd never see .99 margaritas in the park.
warning...I'm highjacking this thread... 99 cent Margaritas! There used to be a place on Collins called Two Pesos that had great 99 cent Margaritas and great food. They got in a battle with Taco Cabana over 'look and feel' and lost out or were bought or something like that. They had way better food. Anyway, 'On the Border' also meddled in the fast tex mex waters too with a place in Dallas called "Border Stop". It was even better than the regular 'On the Border' restaurants I thought. Mmmmm... That was around 86 that I was a regular there.

Oh yeah...what were we talking about? Go-carts. Hmmm... never rode them. Had to pay extra...not the same as Happy Motoring... good riddance!
__________________
-Alan Reynolds - SFOT.NET site admin (Food Service 76, Ride Operations 77-79)

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
jshhmr's Avatar
jshhmr jshhmr is offline
Gold Tag
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: fort worth
Posts: 306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin View Post
warning...I'm highjacking this thread... 99 cent Margaritas! There used to be a place on Collins called Two Pesos that had great 99 cent Margaritas and great food. They got in a battle with Taco Cabana over 'look and feel' and lost out or were bought or something like that. They had way better food. Anyway, 'On the Border' also meddled in the fast tex mex waters too with a place in Dallas called "Border Stop". It was even better than the regular 'On the Border' restaurants I thought. Mmmmm... That was around 86 that I was a regular there.

Oh yeah...what were we talking about? Go-carts. Hmmm... never rode them. Had to pay extra...not the same as Happy Motoring... good riddance!
Hell yeah I remember Two Pesos! There used to be one at the corner of Grapevine HWY and 820 (where Hooters now sits) and we used to go there all the time. I was too young to take advantage of 99 cent margaritas though. The thing I remember most about that place was the 2 drive thru's, but the second lane was a mechanical tray. I thought that was cool as a kid.

And yeah, the go-carts sucked.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Parktimes's Avatar
Parktimes Parktimes is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hurst, Texas
Posts: 696
Default

It seems we may be celebrating the demise of the go-carts a little too soon.
The original post was just a question and Krista responded that they are still there. So, unless I missed something, they arenít gone yet.
__________________
Davis McCown
Ride Operations 1974 - 1977
www.parktimes.com ~ The History of Six Flags Over Texas
www.davismccownlaw.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Twisted's Avatar
Twisted Twisted is offline
General Manager
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Texas
Posts: 3,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parktimes View Post
It seems we may be celebrating the demise of the go-carts a little too soon.
The original post was just a question and Krista responded that they are still there. So, unless I missed something, they arenít gone yet.
Eh, we hate to see a thread go to waste so we kept it going it for other topics. The "threadjacking" was actually Alan Reynolds' fault. Taco Cabana, El Chico, Two Pesos, .99 cent margaritas and even Hooters were mentioned along the way.

Cyberspace is a terrible thing to waste here at sfot.net.

And just so we stay on topic, in my opinion, Go-Karts suck if not included in the regular admission price. Six Flags should be running them, not leasees.
__________________
"Six Flags is what you wish the world could be!"
1975 commercial jingle
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
PyThomas PyThomas is offline
Red Tag
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Land Of Gar
Posts: 31
Default Re: The Go-Karts are gone?

I'm guessing El Chico was in the building next to Fiesta de los Tazas. I've hardly ever seen that place used as a restaurant lately. In fact, they used it for season pass processing a month ago. Is the problem some sort of safety or code issue that's too expensive to fix at the moment?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
AviRaider's Avatar
AviRaider AviRaider is offline
Gold Tag
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Prairie,TX
Posts: 299
Default Re: The Go-Karts are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyThomas View Post
I'm guessing El Chico was in the building next to Fiesta de los Tazas. I've hardly ever seen that place used as a restaurant lately. In fact, they used it for season pass processing a month ago. Is the problem some sort of safety or code issue that's too expensive to fix at the moment?
Yes it's astounding and frankly I'm dumbfounded as to why Six Flags can't utilize the one building in their park that looks like a traditional restaraunt. I'm also equally dumbfounded why Six Flags does not have a Tex-Mex food option in the entire park.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
sfotadmin's Avatar
sfotadmin sfotadmin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,342
Default Re: The Go-Karts are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviRaider View Post
Yes it's astounding and frankly I'm dumbfounded as to why Six Flags can't utilize the one building in their park that looks like a traditional restaraunt. I'm also equally dumbfounded why Six Flags does not have a Tex-Mex food option in the entire park.
Well... It's mucho hard to make...

Tacos - beans, meat, and cheese
Enchiladas - beans, meat, and cheese
Burritos - beans, meat, and cheese
Tostada - beans, meat, and cheese
Taco Salads - lettuce, beans, meat, and cheese.

SEE!
__________________
-Alan Reynolds - SFOT.NET site admin (Food Service 76, Ride Operations 77-79)

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:53 PM
VanceCope VanceCope is offline
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,458
Default Re: The Go-Karts are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin View Post
Well... It's mucho hard to make...

Tacos - beans, meat, and cheese
Enchiladas - beans, meat, and cheese
Burritos - beans, meat, and cheese
Tostada - beans, meat, and cheese
Taco Salads - lettuce, beans, meat, and cheese.

SEE!
you forgot tortilla
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Search the SFOT Site with Google...


Loading


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SFOT.NET and the associated content on these pages are not affiliated or otherwise associated as an entity with Six Flags over Texas, inc. Images and content are used with permission or original content of SFOT.net.