Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Security

Security Security discussion

Old March 27th, 2009, 03:06 AM
General Manager

I remember Bill Cruson from when I was working FrightFest. He always kept a close eye on us actors working the plaza, and made sure others did the same. Shortly after my last year there, I met his daughter-in-law at the park, who told me that he had since retired.
Old March 6th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Black Tag

Default Re: Security Duties at SFOT

as others have said on here, the metal detectors arrived in '96 with the passing of the concealed carry law...that was my first year and probably the reason I along with so many others were hired in Security that year, specifically as Front Gate Screeners
Old January 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Red Tag

I've done both Ops and Security. I think both dept's do a lot, but Ops works harder, by far. The Security Officers will look at you like your crazy if you ask them for help with something physical.haha Most of them, anyway.

As for the detectors and the new employee entrance, for what my memory is worth I remember them doing it in 96. I know they were already in place by 97 and 98 is a definite no.
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Blue Tag

When my hours where running low in Retail I was looking for other departments to work in the park that was when someone gave me a tip to talk to the front gate manger and I remember she said to me "what days you have off?" I was like "YES! I found work!!". Anyways I searched bags, ripped tickets, medal detector, stamped hands, sold parking lot tickets, and made season passes. I'm glad medal detector work and searching bags is now a security job because when you find something people like to argue pocket knifes were a big issue and people would get MAD when they find out they can't carry it with them in the park. I miss having fun with the metal detectors people would flood through them and when the BEEP would happen I would put out my hand and yell "HOLT!! BACK UP!! Check your pockets" that was fun times.
Old October 16th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Black Tag

I worked security in 2009. I was handed a pinching trash picker upper along with my badge and radio. Just a little humiliating. But I kept my chin up. Sure kept me from bending over so much.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Platinum Tag !

Poor you. I'm glad you were able to prop yourself up from such a demeaning act.