Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Park Fans

Park Fans You don't have to be an employee, or former employee to post here. Post comments on the park, things you like, things you don't. Anything a fan of Six Flags over Texas might be concerned or excited about. Go ahead...don't be shy.

Old October 11th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Gold Tag

Default First Fright Fest

Confession time--Though I've been going to Six Flags most of my life (literally, every year except for my first year of life), I had never been to Fright Fest until this past Sunday. What a blast!

We're spoiled rotten with regard to wait times (we normally go during the middle of the week) so we didn't even ride anything (except for the train--consider this your opportunity to hijack the thread, train lovers! ) because the wait times were ridiculous but that didn't stop us from having fun! We did wait in line for Shockwave, aka, "Rage of the Gargoyles", but after waiting 30 minutes and seeing only one train depart with passengers, we got out of line (apparently, there were some technical issues).

The first thing we did (other than stop for Pink Things, which they no longer sell because apparently the vendor stopped making them which is okay because they were terrible but sad because, well, Pink Things are no more. ) was go see Ariana's Nightmare at the Southern Palace. Oh my! It was a hoot! I don't know if it's just because it's new to me or not, but it might just be my favorite of the SP shows. Very campy and very well done.

The rest of the evening we mainly just walked through the different Fright Fest zones, watching the "zombies" and laughing at people screaming and, at times, literally falling all over themselves in fright! We stood in front of the Indian Village gift shop for about an hour just watching the "zombies" do their thing. I doubled over in laughter several times watching people scream and run. The funny thing was, many of the ones who were most scared (or at least acted scared) turned around and walked right back through.

While HIP is still my favorite time at the Park, this was great fun!
Old November 5th, 2016, 02:24 PM
General Manager

Default Re: First Fright Fest

Railroad the thread you say??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlie.jpg (62.0 KB, 3 views)
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Roaring Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train Engineer. PIC, 2015 Steam Train Engineer, Lead, Trainer, 2016-2017 On Ride Supervisor - Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum.