Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old November 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Re: Disney buys LucasFilms

Right... it was a case of a funny character, rather than a funny actor. That was just a good movie all around. That's a movie I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to. Even if not the same characters, just something cut from the same cloth.

I'd be glad to see Harrison Ford return... given the age of the original trilogy stars, it'd be a good start to a trilogy of new content... sort of tie in the Jedi Academy idea of Luke restarting the Jedi Order, Han and Leia having kids and aging... sort of the end of the rebellion era and the beginning of the New Republic, still tracking down the vestiges of the Empire - all the ideas are there in the books for the seeds of the story. Let's do this.
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:50 AM
General Manager

I want Christoph Waltz in the movie...between Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained I think he'd fit in nicely in the SW universe...granted he kinda looks like Count Dooku but he could be a hold over from the Empire..maybe not a Sith but still a bad guy...like the next highest guy in the chain that wasn't on Death Star 2
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:26 AM
General Manager

looks like JJ Abrams is going to be directing Episode 7...I love the idea because there aren't to many of his projects that I don't like, I'm just surprised because of his involvement with the new Star Trek series (which I think he did an awesome job and the trailer for 2 looks just as good)...seems weird that one person is involved with what can be argued as the two biggest sci-fi properties of all time

perhaps my hopes for a Karl Urban Han weren't so far off

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57...ext-star-wars/
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Gold Tag

Get ready for lots of lens flares. Eventhough he did manage to put together a fresh Star Trek reboot that freshness I think has been wearing off on Trekkies. Although I'm excited about there being a new Star Trek film coming this summer, from the trailers, it's much too dark and a departure from Rodenberry's original vision. I hope he doesn't do this treatment to the Star Wars franchise, sadly that's probably the way of it.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
General Manager

I'd actually rather see a darker Star Wars trilogy this time around because I felt Episodes 1-3 were too light except the last 45 minutes of 3 when Anakin turned to the Dark Side...I know 1 was suppose to be kinda light and airy because it is the end of a good time in history but felt there should have been much darker tones throughout it and 2 (I still think Maul dies way to early...he should have been the antagonist for all 3)...maybe in this new trilogy they'll start dark and end light
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:41 PM
General Manager

I've don't understand why people are so obsessed with action films being dark, brooding, serious, and realistic. I'll choose the cheesy James Bond films of Roger Moore over Daniel Craig any day.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:27 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
I've don't understand why people are so obsessed with action films being dark, brooding, serious, and realistic.
Star Wars is all about good and evil...if you're going to have something called the Dark Side as a major plot point in the story line I expect it to be dark and moody...if it was called the Funny Side then I'd expect cheese and slapstick

why Star Trek is going dark with it's theme who knows...I guess they could have kept it light and fluffy like the TV show but Hollywood knows what sells and it's movies with a darker tone, not campy space movies (that's what Galaxy Quest is for...can we get a sequel to that please)

Quote:
I'll choose the cheesy James Bond films of Roger Moore over Daniel Craig any day.
Admittedly I do too...I haven't cared for the Craig movies...not that they aren't good, I just haven't cared for them...of course Moore was my first Bond so I think that prob has more to do with it than any thing
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
Star Wars is all about good and evil...if you're going to have something called the Dark Side as a major plot point in the story line I expect it to be dark and moody..
Your expectations are too high. The original Star Wars wasn't dark and moody. Neither was Return Of The Jedi. Or Phantom Menace. Neither was Clones, though there were some dramatic moments. So that's only 2 out of 6.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
Admittedly I do too...I haven't cared for the Craig movies...not that they aren't good, I just haven't cared for them...of course Moore was my first Bond so I think that prob has more to do with it than any thing
My biggest problem with Craig's Bond is that he's just a plain, boring action guy. There's nothing that differentiates him from any other protagonist except for his name. The character has the emotional range of a spoon - scowl, scowl, and scowl some more. You get the idea.
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Your expectations are too high. The original Star Wars wasn't dark and moody. Neither was Return Of The Jedi. Or Phantom Menace. Neither was Clones, though there were some dramatic moments. So that's only 2 out of 6.
silly me, why should I have high expectations for something...from now on I hope everything sucks and plays to the lowest common denominator

and you just made my point...I said 1 and 2 were too light and need a darker element (plus the general consensus is they suck so I'm not alone)...they are suppose to represent the beginning of the end for the Jedi...usually when something good falls to the power of evil there is a little moodiness that goes along with it...6 shouldn't have been dark because it was about conquering the evil that had been plaguing the galaxy so I expect light and fluffy...and 4 was pretty dark if you think about it...millions of people died when they blew up Alderran and Obi Wan, Uncle Owen, and Aunt Beru (the three people that have a emotional connection to the main character) died