Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Design your own Ride / Attraction

Design your own Ride / Attraction Yes.. let's see if SF management is looking at the forums. Let's give them some ideas for new rides / re-theming attractions, etc. Let the creative juices flow!!

Old June 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
General Manager

Default More theming for SFOT??

Here's a little something I found on another SFOT site. I thought this might make a neat new thread for us to dissect.

-Start
To answer the question of "What would you redesign," to me there's a short answer: mannequins and stage dress for all rides.

Watching my daughters I can tell that their absolutely favorite part of any ride are the stage dress extras-- the glimpse of the Indians off Flume 2, the cantina scene in the Runaway Mine Train. My thought is-- put scenes everywhere. Everywhere! Why the heck not? Wouldn't the rapids be more fun if there were scenes from Tom Sawyer along the bank all the way? Wouldn't the Texas Giant be even cooler if every fifty yards or so you had a Texas Giant scene-- a little diorama of Bowie at the Alamo or Crockett, you know, kilting a bar?

So that's my idea-- take the themes of the park and expand them further into the rides, so that every available space is taken up with a visual stimulation.

-Jason xxxxxx
-End
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
Here's a little something I found on another SFOT site. I thought this might make a neat new thread for us to dissect.

-Start
To answer the question of "What would you redesign," to me there's a short answer: mannequins and stage dress for all rides.

Watching my daughters I can tell that their absolutely favorite part of any ride are the stage dress extras-- the glimpse of the Indians off Flume 2, the cantina scene in the Runaway Mine Train. My thought is-- put scenes everywhere. Everywhere! Why the heck not? Wouldn't the rapids be more fun if there were scenes from Tom Sawyer along the bank all the way? Wouldn't the Texas Giant be even cooler if every fifty yards or so you had a Texas Giant scene-- a little diorama of Bowie at the Alamo or Crockett, you know, kilting a bar?

So that's my idea-- take the themes of the park and expand them further into the rides, so that every available space is taken up with a visual stimulation.

-Jason xxxxxx
-End
I think it would be great.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
General Manager

When Roaring Rapids first opened, it had some of the River animations placed around the new river. Most were simply moved, but the Spanish Fort was in it's original spot. It would have been interesting if they could incorporate more of the same as well....cannon shots, etc. It might at least have kept the theming intact somewhat, just faster-paced.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Platinum Tag !

Default Hey, Francois!

I have a vague memory of, I think, the cougar from the River, but not the fort.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
General Manager

I think they also used some of the wolves and the bear. They may removed the animations because they felt passengers would be too busy concentrating on the rapids and who's going to get soaked to even care if they existed.
Old November 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Red Tag

I think it would be cool to have another Spanish fort built for the rapids, shooting at the passengers, with timed water blasts to make the cannon-shots seem real (and soak the passengers). Might also be kind of neat to have artificial snakes swimming towards the passengers from a reed-bank, but this might be a bit too scary to be allowed. (also, what if a real snake got in there unnoticed?)
Old November 27th, 2008, 08:58 PM
General Manager

There were always snakes in LaSalle's, The Cave, the Canoes, Skull Island and around Log Flume, although most guests rarely noticed them. And maintenance always talked about the huge cottonmouths by the Runaway Mine Train. I'm sure there are tales from the exes here on the forum of their "snaky" experiences.

I used to handle venomous snakes myself, but not at SFOT. I had a few snakes as pets and used to help a friend clean cages in his snake building. Cobras, rattlers, gaboon vipers, etc. You know, the kind that give you pleasant dreams at night...

Last edited by Twisted; November 27th, 2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old November 27th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Occassionally at river a snake would sliver in the water, especially at night, right into the view of the guests. It was also fun to point it out and make a causal remark, just like it was a planned part of the show. It was especially fun when some guest remarked, "now that almost looks real."

www.davismccownlaw.com
Old November 28th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
"What would you redesign," to me there's a short answer: mannequins and stage dress for all rides.

-Jason xxxxxx
-End
Does this count? Before all of you go calling for my resignation, let me explain that these are my mannequins for 'stage dress' of my haunted house. I have a hallway in there that is populated with these three and usually 3 to 4 real actors. ...a very creepy hall to walk down...not knowing who is real and who is not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mybabes.jpg (63.6 KB, 18 views)

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old November 29th, 2008, 07:18 PM
General Manager

I can NOT wait to see Twisted's reply to this one!
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!