Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Gone, but not forgotton Rides/Attractions > Design your own Ride / Attraction

Design your own Ride / Attraction Yes.. let's see if SF management is looking at the forums. Let's give them some ideas for new rides / re-theming attractions, etc. Let the creative juices flow!!

Old November 4th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Red Tag

Default An idea for an "X"-style coaster...

I've never been to Magic Mountain, never ridden the "X", but I'd like to see a coaster like that in SFOT... but themed after The Matrix. It's a WB film, so it wouldn't be really out of place.
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:27 PM
General Manager

Really nice idea and theming to match. Would be interesting to see a launched version of X on a smaller, tighter scale that goes indoors. Could add special effects, lighting, etc, sort of like Rock n Rollercoaster at MGM. Anyone here actually been on X? It looks pretty far-out!
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Gold Tag

^ Now that I could see!! lol

I had also thought of an X style coaster for SFoT but with the name "High Noon" and themed similarly to Titan.
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
General Manager

Funny that you mentioned that. Hight Noon was one of the name ideas that was kicked around for Titan.
Old February 16th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Black Tag

Default X -- at S.F.M.M. California VIDEO TO DOWNLOAD

Hey guys, new to the forums here. A Texas native and SFOT mega-veteran, now a Magic Mountain maniac. I am the only person I know of who has actually pulled off taking a digital MPG while riding "X" at SFMM. As I cannot post an MPG attachment in these forums, I would be more than happy to email the MPG file to anyone interested in viewing it. The ride is two minutes long. One minute up the (reverse and on your back) lift hill. I did not record this, as you are looking straight up at the sky. The second 60 seconds is of the actual ride, and I am actually very proud of the filming. If anyone wants me to email it to them, send your request to GLENNBURCH1969@COX.NET. In the subject line, please put "X VIDEO". The file is only 1 . 2 Megabytes and good quality. I was very careful taking this video, as cameras are CONFISCATED if seen by staff....or WORSE, you are turned away from riding completely (after an average 2 hour wait). The ride is 5 years old, and coasters have been built at SFMM since then...."X" still has the longest lines and biggest popularity as it is the only one of its kind in the world. I have been on it 39 times, but who is counting. (If you come to California to ride it, go to X first, and your wait will be much shorter...everyone goes to it as soon as they open the front gates!) The first season they opened it, they offered the "Fast Pass" coupons....4 for 15 dollars. X was eligible for the F.P. coupons, and it only lasted about a month, as everyone in the know bought them and went to the front of the line, pissing everyone in the 3-4 hour line off bigtime. My first day to ride X, I spent about 90 dollars and me and a bud rode it 12 times. The Fast Pass line goes (went) parallel to the main cue, and we passed the same impatient people over and over. At one point, some guys were so angry that we had some coke cans thrown at us...real nice. I wish they would still offer F. Passes for X, as X is the only reason I go to SFMM....and I am willing to pay $$ to not wait in the insane lines for it.
Well, drop me a line at GLENNBURCH1969@COX.NET. In the subject line, please put "X VIDEO" if you want me to email you the video.
Glenn--Eternal Worshipper of Speelunkers
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf
As I cannot post an MPG attachment in these forums, I would be more than happy to email the MPG file to anyone interested in viewing it. ....
Glenn--Eternal Worshipper of Speelunkers
Glenn, I can post it up on this site and make it available as a link from the main sfot.net page. I wouldn't mind putting a new page out there for ride videos.
-Alan

p.s. send it to sfot@austin.rr.com Thanks.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default RIDE VIDs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf
Hey guys, new to the forums here. A Texas native and SFOT mega-veteran, now a Magic Mountain maniac. I am the only person I know of who has actually pulled off taking a digital MPG while riding "X" at SFMM. .......

Well, drop me a line at GLENNBURCH1969@COX.NET. Glenn--Eternal Worshipper of Speelunkers
RIDE VIDEOS!!!

Now you too can see Glenn's vid on this site. I've created a new page on the main sfot.net site called Ride Videos. I'd love for others to submit any videos they have especially if they have SFoT vids. You can either navigate to the link there or if you'd like... here's the direct link to Glenn's X-ride:

X-Ride ..X-Ride ..X-Ride Hold On!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old April 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Red Tag

Default Re: An idea for an "X"-style coaster...

Nice to see this place is still around. I've been thinking about how France gets no love from SFOT these days (Just 1-2 merchants and a nostalgia area.... pathetic), and how they could possibly re-theme another area for the French somewhere. Best I can think of is take the employee entrance by Spain, make that a new path into a new France area, and connect the other end to the Titan area. Then have an "X"-style coaster called "La Revolution" or something (which is why I chose THIS thread for this post) as the area's centerpiece. You don't have to get rid of the employee lockers or the buildings just south of Titan, you just have to relocate those other buildings in the area.