Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old January 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
General Manager

Default Disney's snake-related death

This news story reminds me of the old Speelunker's Cave legend at SFOT. Not to mention that the news story is very vague and shoddy reporting. They show a dated photo of an Animal Kingdom boat ride that hasn't been used in years. The article doesn't even mention whether the incident was on an attraction or if the family was just walking around. Some ignorant folks will read the headline, see the photo, then start the confused rumors from there: "Hey, did you hear about the latest deaths at DisneyLAND in Florida? They have snakes attacking people on the Jungle Cruise!"

Disney's PR folks will probably pounce on this quickly. Disney seems to attract folks with ambitious lawyers trying to get rich. And my condolences to the family for the loss of Grandma.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fam...A1&ocid=EIE9HP

Old January 29th, 2016, 11:16 AM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Re: Disney's snake-related death

Sounds like an ambulance chaser got into this family's ear.

Unfortunately, Disney will probably settle with the family rather than let this go to court, to avoid negative publicity and court costs. A behavior which rewards the ambulance chasers.

Personally, even if it happened exactly the way the story describes it, I don't see any liability on the part of the park. Grandma had heart disease and was likely on the verge of a cardiac event and shouldn't be on theme park rides.
Old January 29th, 2016, 02:48 PM
General Manager

Default Re: Disney's snake-related death

I loved the "escaped" snake angle. Florida has literally zillions of wild snakes and other wildlife. Proving it was a snake from the park's collection will be pretty hard. What's next --- suing the park because a bird crapped on your head?

Here's a later news link. I knew this story would go haywire in the media.

http://www.clickorlando.com/theme-pa...medium=twitter