Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Leasees

Leasees Leasees discussion

Old March 7th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Red Tag

Unhappy SFOT 2005 - Goodbye David Photo

My family went to SFOT yesterday, opening weekend.

We got to the park, went through the stroller line, turned in our day one season pass printouts, went to guest services & paid for our parking pass, got our season passes, got our free park map, and then we headed into Modern.

Pink things are still one dollar. That's cool. Hey there's David Photo. Check it out! I worked there about twenty years ago. Wow, where are all the shops that used to be here. They've been covered over by the looney tunes cartoon fake storefront kinda deal. There's PacMan land. I still call it that to confuse people. Hehe.

Anyway, I talk to the Supervisor on duty at the David Photo booth and he tells me some shocking news: Six Flags has taken over all photo operations in the park. David Photo is no longer at the park.

Huh? What about freeze-frame (part of David Photo) are they still over by the bobsled?

No, that's run by Six Flags now too. All photo stands are now run by the park.

I sort of feel kinda strange. Like someone should have warned me of this before I came to the park. This sucks, but it helps me empathize a little more with you guys who have had entire rides removed on you. The place I worked at is still physically there, and is basically doing the same thing.

I can't imagine working at some ride like River or Astrolift and then just having them removed from the face of the earth. What do you tell your kids?

At least Six Flags is still taking pictures and offering scopes. To their credit, instead of having only white scopes (like last year), they now offer pink, green, and blue.

Here's a picture of the storefront.

Goodbye David Photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sfot-03-06-05 002 (Small).jpg (66.2 KB, 110 views)
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Black Tag

I knew in 2002 that they got rid of the booth that was right next to the old Freeze Frame/David Photo counter for expansion (which had everything from airbrush tattooes to a small rice souvenier gift stand), but I didn't know that they tossed out Freeze Frame altogether. I guess it had its time; when I left, they had placed a Freeze Frame front gate photo at Hurricane Harbor (stupid name. Wet 'n Wild was so much better) which I had to help be their 'satellite lead in supervisory status' since I was left out there :S Which, oddly enough, I have one photo from that time period. Its not long enough ago to give people fond/gushy memories, but its pretty much the only one I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mel Drawing.jpg (15.1 KB, 71 views)
Old March 17th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Red Tag

Hey Melody,

Thanks for sharing!

It really was sad hearing about David Photo being given the boot. It makes sense financially for the park as they can keep all the profits themselves instead of just getting rent from Leasees. They can also put Looney Tunes characters all over everything and make all the photographers dress up as Daffy Duck and Bugs, which should increase photo sales.

SFOT has kept all the photo booths as far as I can tell. The original Freeze Frame booth just outside the Bobsled exit is still there. On my 3/6/2005 trip to the park I also saw photo booths outside of Titan and the Logride.

I didn't know they had operations at Hurrican Harbor, did they sell scopes there? If they did, were the scopes branded Hurricane Harbor or just generic Six Flags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody
I knew in 2002 that they got rid of the booth that was right next to the old Freeze Frame/David Photo counter for expansion (which had everything from airbrush tattooes to a small rice souvenier gift stand), but I didn't know that they tossed out Freeze Frame altogether. I guess it had its time; when I left, they had placed a Freeze Frame front gate photo at Hurricane Harbor (stupid name. Wet 'n Wild was so much better) which I had to help be their 'satellite lead in supervisory status' since I was left out there :S Which, oddly enough, I have one photo from that time period. Its not long enough ago to give people fond/gushy memories, but its pretty much the only one I have.
Old March 20th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Black Tag

Default Hurricane Harbor Scopes

They actually said "Hurricane Harbor" and were the standard white that was adopted in 2000 (you'd occasionally get one with a blue, pink or greenish hue to it), though for the first week, we had to use some of the older Six Flags scopes (larger format to work with the digital systems). Also sold the keychains and frames with the Hurricane Harbor logo.
I don't have one of these scopes here, but my cousin down in Arlington may still have one. I'll have to ask one of these days

I'm not too sure if they have decided to keep a photo place over at the waterpark. It didn't make much money and water wreaks havoc with pretty much all of the photography equipment and merchandise. As for when I ran it for one season and was there for the opening, it had days when it made about as much as the Batman ride, and days when it made virtually nothing.

Oh, here's a list of what rides had booths when I left Six Flags:
-Batman
-Texas Giant
-Bobsled/Flume (log ride)
-Titan
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Red Tag

Quote:
Oh, here's a list of what rides had booths when I left Six Flags:
-Batman
-Texas Giant
-Bobsled/Flume (log ride)
-Titan

Here's the list of rides that have photo booths now (2009 Season dont know what's coming in 2010):

Bobsled (located along the exit to bobsled)
Log Flume (exit from Log Flume, Training Room & employee walkway all point directly to it)
Titan
Texas Giant

Batman & Freeze do not have photo booths. And in case you're wondering, Titan wins the 2009 'award' for most middle fingers given to the camera. Not a day went by without two or more. On last day of park operation a group of about 12 people flipped the bird to the camera all at once.

The security officer that responded got there before they had left the train. When he saw how many there were he called for two more officers but it would take a few minutes for them to arrive. Obviously it's impossible for one guy to control 12 unruly people so he had the ride operators keep the lap bars closed until more help arrived. And some of these guys were real morons too...at least 4 of them had their 2010 season passes revoked.

EDIT: In case you're wondering why I gave the location of the Bobsled & Flume booths, the original post had them listed in a manner that implied that they might have shared a common building at one point and that is no longer the case.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Blue Tag

hmmm........I didn't know that they would eject you from the park and even revoke your season pass for doing that........I mean, yeah, it's a family place and that's a really stupid and childish thing to do...flipping off the camera is Jr. High type stuff.....but I never knew that you'd get thrown out for doing it......

out of curiosity, ever have any "flashers" ?? I knew a girl who did that once......it's was ten or so years ago though......cough cough I'm sure nothing like that ever happens these days........