Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Finding old Friends...

Finding old Friends... Where's Waldo? Find your old friends here

Old November 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcpa View Post
Just found the site again. I was at the park 1968-1971. Worked Gnd Maint (1), Food/Bev(1) and Operations(2) primarily TX Lift and railroad(both ends). Anyone form that time period signed up here? Any one remember the Six Flags fraternity that was started then - (Sigma Phi Omega Tau - SFOT)?
Jim Roberts
Hi Jim. I was on La Salle's Adventure, '68 and '9. We often called the Modern Lift to ask them to hold spitters and junkers, but we never called the Texas end, because it was too far for us to go to scare the hell out of the little bastards. I worked several doubles on the Railroad, so it's possible we met. It was a great time to work there. Welcome to the boards!
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Hi Jim. I was on La Salle's Adventure, '68 and '9. We often called the Modern Lift to ask them to hold spitters and junkers, but we never called the Texas end, because it was too far for us to go to scare the hell out of the little bastards. I worked several doubles on the Railroad, so it's possible we met. It was a great time to work there. Welcome to the boards!
When I worked Texas, we would take the calls from River and just scare them ourselves.
www.davismccownlaw.com
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parktimes View Post
When I worked Texas, we would take the calls from River and just scare them ourselves.
Good for you. I hope you threw them down the well! We'd just tell them, if they ever threw a Pink Thing again, they would be banned from ever visiting Six Flags again!
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: Any old folks out there (1968-1971)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcpa View Post
Just found the site again. I was at the park 1968-1971. Worked Gnd Maint (1), Food/Bev(1) and Operations(2) primarily TX Lift and railroad(both ends). Anyone form that time period signed up here? Any one remember the Six Flags fraternity that was started then - (Sigma Phi Omega Tau - SFOT)?
Jim Roberts
I worked in operations on the canoes 66-67-68 had a blast just found this site and saw some of the old photos and lots of memories came flooding back. Lots of stories to tell of our antics in the park.

Dale Castles
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castles1 View Post
I worked in operations on the canoes 66-67-68 had a blast just found this site and saw some of the old photos and lots of memories came flooding back. Lots of stories to tell of our antics in the park.

Dale Castles
Welcome Dale. Your first post! You are no longer a yellow tag, and now a black tag. Keep posting and you'll be a red tag in no time.

As others have said in this thread, just keep posting those memories. The pictures, yearbooks, maps, talks of smells, and canteen food, all trigger good thoughts. please participate as much as you'd like. There's a LOT here to look at. You may overdose...be careful.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old August 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Black Tag

Ok boys and girls, I worked there from 66 to 68 and it was the best of times. The smell of the creosote timbers always triggered memories. Not only did the RR ties have a heavy coating of this stuff but just about every 3 months they would put down a fresh layer of this stuff on the asphalt to make it look new. Tough on us Indians on the canoes as we went barefoot all the time and the asphalt was hot!!!!! Also most people don't realize this, back then there was no irrigation system in the park, just a lot of guys in maintenance with hoses washing down the park all night for the park opening the next morning. That was great overtime then work until closing then walk around washing the asphalt and catching a nap inside of the skull.
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Black Tag

I was on the Hat from 71-73, Hat Shops in 74, lots of great memories from back then. The world seemed to be a log younger back in those days. Paul