Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
General Manager

Default Re: Disney buys LucasFilms

Here's a funny music video about the Abrams debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqhkQbc_Og

Last edited by cleusk; February 2nd, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
General Manager

So the latest is that Disney will be creating spin off films for certain characters (Yoda, Han, Bobba Fett) in addition to the new trilogy to help their goals of a new SW film every year or so...I'm a little apprehensive about the idea but honestly admit I would love to see a Yoda trilogy since there is very little cannon about his early life (dude was suppose to be 900 years old in Jedi...that's a lot of storytelling)...I guess a Han one could be cool but only if Chewbacca gets a big role in it as his back story was pretty much ignored in the original films (unless you count the holiday special)....any characters you'd like to see?

http://theweek.com/article/index/239...wars-spin-offs
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:30 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
I've don't understand why people are so obsessed with action films being dark, brooding, serious, and realistic. I'll choose the cheesy James Bond films of Roger Moore over Daniel Craig any day.
I love both. And depending on what mood I'm in, I can have whichever Bond suits my fancy that day.

Quote:
My biggest problem with Craig's Bond is that he's just a plain, boring action guy. There's nothing that differentiates him from any other protagonist except for his name. The character has the emotional range of a spoon - scowl, scowl, and scowl some more. You get the idea.
Craig plays Bond more closely to Flemming's Bond than any of the others have, but that doesn't make him the best. I happen to love the Craig movies. But I also love the Connery movies and the Moore movies. And the Lazenby movie. I think Dalton got a bad deal... he was a good Bond, but got terrible scripts.

Quote:
Your expectations are too high. The original Star Wars wasn't dark and moody. Neither was Return Of The Jedi. Or Phantom Menace. Neither was Clones, though there were some dramatic moments. So that's only 2 out of 6.
That said, I agree with Vance... Empire was the best movie of the 6, universally regarded as the best of the 6 BECAUSE it was the darkest and had the more serious tone. I think it's pretty one-sided in the vote for the best of the prequels for Revenge of the Sith as the best, also because it has the most serious themes...it stands to reason that a darker, less circus-y Star Wars would be a good idea. They don't all have to be 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" dark, but let's face it... we don't need another Ewok Endor Battle or Jar Jar Binks.

Finally... I'm on board with the stand-alone flicks, espcially for Han and Boba Fett... I'd like to see one for Lando, too (and Wedge, with Rogue Squadron.) I see it as comparable to the Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America movies co-existing with the Avengers movies.
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Finally... I'm on board with the stand-alone flicks, espcially for Han and Boba Fett... I'd like to see one for Lando, too (and Wedge, with Rogue Squadron.) I see it as comparable to the Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America movies co-existing with the Avengers movies.
Lando would be cool, but I think he could also slide into a Han movie since they already have a connection (perhaps we see how Han really got the Falcon from Lando)...yeah, I'm thinking Disney hopes solo (no pun intended) SW character movies will be successful on their own but also tie into one big movie eventually (something like 3.5 to fill in the gap between 3 and 4)...plus with them set as prequels they can include Vader which means more merchandise (cue Mel Brooks Yogurt "Moichandising! Moichandising! Where the real money from the movie is made")
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:27 PM
General Manager

Latest SW news: Episode 7 will take place 30 years after the events of Jedi and focus on a new trio, though there are still really strong rumors that Luke, Han, and Leia will at least cameo in the 7...filming is suppose to start in May with no announced cast but their are rumors that Jesse Plemons (Todd for Breaking Bad fans) and Lupita Nyong’o (12 years a slave) are 2 of the main leads...I could see Jesse playing Luke or Leia's son and Lupita could be Lando's daughter (or a distant relative of Mace Windu...or both)

and for the Lando/Billy D fan's, did you see him on Dancing with the Stars? I didn't either, but I saw the clip...I'm sure ABC pushed for the Star Wars dance the first week knowing that he prob wouldn't make it far in the competion

http://youtu.be/5HNRilkfyq4
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
General Manager

oh yeah, Disney has also decided it is going back through all of the expanded universe stuff (books, games, comics, etc) and deciding what will and will not be part of the official cannon of the Star Wars universe...this prob won't mean much to those that only know the universe through the 2 trilogies but that is a lot of stuff for the hard-core fans

http://io9.com/disney-appoints-a-gro...-st-1497893812
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
and for the Lando/Billy D fan's, did you see him on Dancing with the Stars? I didn't either, but I saw the clip...I'm sure ABC pushed for the Star Wars dance the first week knowing that he prob wouldn't make it far in the competion
Yeah, that was a pretty blatant marketing push from the ABC/Disney folks if you ask me.
Old March 12th, 2015, 08:13 PM
General Manager

New Star Wars info from today's shareholders meeting:

Episode VIII will be released in May 2017

The first stand-alone film will be Star Wars: Rouge One and star Felicity Jones...will this be the Rouge Squadron movie Stroop was wanting or perhaps the Han movie as being rumored...maybe both?

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...-date-20150312
Old March 12th, 2015, 08:53 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post

The first stand-alone film will be Star Wars: Rouge One and star Felicity Jones...
Rouge One? I didn't know they were making a film about women's makeup.