Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Upcoming Events...

Upcoming Events... Upcoming events such as Reunions (SFOT, Highschool, College). Also any get-togethers at local bars, Pizza Huts, Cheddar's, IHop's, etc. you get the idea. :)

Old September 4th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Platinum Tag !

Unhappy

We'll I guess this idea has either happened, or is dead in the water.
Old October 10th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Black Tag

Default 45th Reunion

It looks like a lot of people are interested in a reunion. Is there a planning committee for this event?

Debbie Thompson Garrett
G & S (1971 - 1974)
Old October 11th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Garrett
It looks like a lot of people are interested in a reunion. Is there a planning committee for this event?

Debbie Thompson Garrett
G & S (1971 - 1974)
Alright Debbie! Thanks for heading up the committee. You're a real trooper!
Sorry.. .I couldn't resist.

Anyway.. like the rest of the reunions, we will need the following things done... The SFAFE (Six Flags Association of Former Employees) took care of all this last time. We'll need to revive that group again. I suppose that somewhat starts with me and Parktimes.
  • contact the park and get feedback. I think Parktimes has done this already. Also, see if there is a particular date in 2006 they like over others.
  • Check into a group discount.
  • Check on availability of the Southern Palace for a quick meeting and presentation for Ex's. (we showed old SFoT footage and slides...and it turned out really good).
  • We also had exclusive rides on one ride after park close. It was the Titan last time. This was awesome for our attendees. Kinda like a mini-fling.
  • Food. We had a BBQ out at the picnic pavilion. This was part of our admission price.
  • Get the word out!
  • Get the word out! Did I mention this? We had about 200+ attendees for the fourtieth park anniversary. We'll need more this time. We'll need radio time, announcement in newspapers, local bulletin boards/forums, flyers in the DFW area. In other words, a bunch of publicity. Someone will need to head this up and push like crazy on local media.
Ok...so that's all off the top of my head from the last one we did. I'm glad to see that there is some interest in this again. It was an absolute blast. Highlights were meeting up with Bruce Neal again and also meeting the daughter of Angus Wynne Jr.

So... I'd like to see some ideas here. I'd like to see posts on each of the line items above plus any additional ideas. If you've got something you think you could run with, let's do it. We will need ideas on how to get the word out. Heck, even an www.sfot.net bumper sticker might bring in some former employees. So... come on people... pony up!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old October 12th, 2005, 08:07 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default reunion

If we do this, I'll DJ it for free.
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Black Tag

Default 45th Reunion

Wait....wait....let me lift my jaw back up.

I went to the last reunion and it was great. You're right....get the word out. It sounds like we need a core group. Ok, I'll help. I'm trying to recruit some of my old buddies from that time to help as well.

Gee, I can remember the 10th anniversary. We were all at the main plaza (by the flags) and released lots of balloons.

DG
Old October 21st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Black Tag

Default Is it going to happen?

Just wondering .. Is a reunion planned for 2006??

I missed the last ones due to the Military

Tim
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Administrator

My only concern about the next reunion is again the numbers of people we can come up with. At the last reunion (the most popular so far) I think the count was a bit over 200 including families of the employee. This site itself is a bit over 200 entries... so... if people can start by getting their friends to register here first, maybe we can pull in some big numbers for next year.

Old October 24th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin
My only concern about the next reunion is again the numbers of people we can come up with. At the last reunion (the most popular so far) I think the count was a bit over 200 including families of the employee. This site itself is a bit over 200 entries... so... if people can start by getting their friends to register here first, maybe we can pull in some big numbers for next year.
What about all the people that registered on the old site? Most of them don't even seem to know the new site exists. Is there a way to mass email them at there last known address?
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Garrett
What about all the people that registered on the old site? Most of them don't even seem to know the new site exists. Is there a way to mass email them at there last known address?
"Parktimes" did that when the site came back up. I'm guessing a bunch of those email addresses he had must have been expired. I have not gone through all the registrations here in the department pages and checked those. I guess each of you could take 10 or so and work through them.

Old October 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

I think the email address I used on the original site was like 5 addresses ago for me. But I changed email a lot for a couple years there :-\