Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > General SFOT Forum

General SFOT Forum General SFot discussion

Old July 9th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Gold Tag

Default Hello?

"Tap, tap, tap. Hello? Is this thing on?"

Hey there. Hope everyone is well. Dropping by to say hi, so hi! Also, was at the Park yesterday-lots of activity going on and some things not going on.

Construction project taking place on Big Bend Way. Haven't heard what it is. Maybe it's associated with the Splashdown/Aqua Man down?

Of course, the Cave is down. Any word on what they're gonna do with it? Now would be the perfect time to restore it to it's previous glory.

Train wasn't running, either. That's disconcerting.

Overall, the place looks about the same as always but it was a little sad to see so many rides closed during peak season.

I know the company had record performance last year but it sure looks like everything in and about the Park is geared towards maximizing profit even if it means reducing the Guest experience. That could just be my jaundiced eyes, though.
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:40 PM
General Manager

Default Re: Hello?

Big Bend Way - Sounds like the name of a road

The Cave - I think they're doing work on it to prevent the ride from flooding again. I seriously think that the Speelunkers have no chance of returning. If they do decide to get rid of the Looney Tune ride, they will probably replace it with a more modern dark ride. That seems to be the ongoing trend in theme parks.

Train - Hasn't been running because the park was building El Diablo. Now that the ride is now open, it may be taking a while to repair or improve the tracks.