Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > General SFOT Forum

General SFOT Forum General SFot discussion

Old December 12th, 2016, 08:36 PM
General Manager

Default SFOT Kicks Santa Out

To spread the holiday cheer, Six Flags Over Texas kicked a guy out of the park because he looked too much like Santa.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/San...406083775.html
Old December 13th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Gold Tag

Default Re: SFOT Kicks Santa Out

I get it, I really do. They don't want somebody handing out candy to kids or that someone being perceived as Park approved. It's a safety and liability issue--that's the world we live in today.

Having said that, there is nothing I see in the dress code about costumes being against park rules. In fact, pretty sure I see quite a few costumes during Fright Fest. Also, is the fact he looks like Santa, in fact, a costume? According to the news report, the only thing I see that could be construed as a costume is his hat and I would be willing to bet there was more than one person there wearing a Santa hat that day.

And, it's highly ironic that when you go to the official SFOT website, the first image you see is of Santa Claus.

My guess is, this could have been handled in a much better way. Seriously? Telling him he can't come back until he shaves off his beard? How about just telling him to knock off handing out candy?
Old December 18th, 2016, 10:32 AM
General Manager

I've known Jerry for years. He's been coming up there "dressed" as Santa for many years. He also comes up all during the year, with the beard, but without the hat, vest, and candy canes. He has the beard 24/7/365. I assume he'll be back after HITP is over since he won't appear to look like Santa since Santa will be back up at the north pole anyway... sigh... All they had to do was tell him to stop handing out candy and he would have. He's gonna be up there one way or the other, unless they really did ban him until "he shaves" off that nasty Santa looking beard!
That's my personal, unofficial, in no way related to anyone at SFOT, PR or otherwise, rant on the subject. *
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Roaring Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train Engineer. PIC, 2015 Steam Train Engineer, Lead, Trainer, 2016-2017 On Ride Supervisor - Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum.
Old December 30th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Blue Tag

The park does enforce its no costume policy (except for kids) during Fright Fest, though I'm not sure how publicized it is outside of Fright Fest...

I get the park's perspective. You just can't have an unauthorized guest handing out candy to stranger's kids. If the park knew he was doing it and did nothing to stop it, they could probably be held liable if something were to happen to one of the kids.

This is just one of those lose-lose situations for the park.