Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old October 15th, 2009, 10:39 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
. . . since I am a classical music buff.

Alright! I'm not alone!

I have about 450 hours of classical music in my collection.

Last edited by cleusk; October 15th, 2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
General Manager

Quote:
I have the The Official Album: Disneyland/Walt Disney World that I bought in the 90's. It has Grim Grinning Ghosts on it! ]
If you really like vintage music and video of the Disney parks, check out this site - http://www.mousebits.com
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
Alright! I'm not alone!

I have about 450 hours of classical music in my collection.
DUDE!! You an I need to get together and share our classical pieces! I love classical music! I have Ravel, St Saens, etc. I prefer the romantic period myself. I don't have 450 hours, but I can give you the more obscure pieces from the Disney collection!
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:04 AM
General Manager

Quote:
I love Haunted Mansion! I have been on both MK at Disney World and the one at Disneyland. I prefer MK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
I too prefer the WDW version of HM. It was extended visually, plus it added the extra soundtrack for the Library section.
I'm assuming both of you have ridden the recently rehabbed (in the past 2,3 years) version with the Escher Staircase, the new bride, floating Madam Leota, etc?

The first time we rode HM was a few months before it went down for it's extended rehab and I wan't impressed...I couldn't figure out what the big deal was, but after the rehab I love the ride and realized that's how bad in need of a rehab it was when I rode it the first time because I remeber alot of the same things but the first time they were either not working or in really bad shape. It has now become a must ride everytime we're in the park.
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
I'm assuming both of you have ridden the recently rehabbed (in the past 2,3 years) version with the Escher Staircase, the new bride, floating Madam Leota, etc?
Everything "post-stroke" has kept me grounded, but I've followed the progress over the rehab. Thanks to YouTube, frequent video makes the amusement world a much better place too! A family member who was doing some intern work with WDW a couple of years back was telling me about changes with the spider scenes. Or was that area changed entirely?
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
I love Haunted Mansion! I have been on both MK at Disney World and the one at Disneyland. I prefer MK. I have the The Official Album: Disneyland/Walt Disney World that I bought in the 90's. It has Grim Grinning Ghosts on it! The main reason I bought it was for the old Illuminations soundtrack, since I am a classical music buff. I will be happy to share any tracks on that cd if anyone has any requests. The track list is located here

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Album...5659266&sr=1-2
The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride by far. And I actually prefer the original one at Disneyland over the one at MK. I like the Southern Plantation look and for that matter the whole New Orleans square area.
Old October 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviRaider View Post
The Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride by far. And I actually prefer the original one at Disneyland over the one at MK. I like the Southern Plantation look and for that matter the whole New Orleans square area.
HM has always been my favorite as well!

I prefer the external facade of the New Orleans Square one and the actual ride from WDW, but I love both and....oh hell, I'd rather visit a Disney bathroom over some non-Disney theme parks....
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
General Manager

Vance,

I've spent a few hours viewing several videos since the refurb and I was impressed. While I always thought the spiders and webs were ok, they took up an awfully big area for a couple of blacklight effects. But the Escher-like stairway section blew me away! It fit right in perfectly with the other eerie effects in the mansion. VERY overwhelming scene! As for Leota, I really didn't have a preference; she looked great either way, whether with her crystal ball on the table or floating in mid-air. The new bride is nicer, as the previous ones were always fine, but nothing ultra-impressive. Also, early in the ride, I loved the transition of the glowing eyes into the wallpaper.

All in all, WED did an incredible job with the scene improvements and all the little tweaks througout the ride!

Last edited by Twisted; October 20th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM
General Manager

Quote:
I prefer the external facade of the New Orleans Square one and the actual ride from WDW
An addendum to my previous comments; while I prefer the actual ride at WDW, Disneyland's walk-thru portrait gallery and indoor area of the que is the clear winner IMO. The portrait gallery at WDW at the start of the ride seems like it was a bit of an afterthought.
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:53 PM
General Manager

Quote:
An addendum to my previous comments; while I prefer the actual ride at WDW, Disneyland's walk-thru portrait gallery and indoor area of the que is the clear winner IMO. The portrait gallery at WDW at the start of the ride seems like it was a bit of an afterthought.
that and the stretching room actually moves down in DL while at WDW the walls just move up