Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old January 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
General Manager

Default If You Made An Attraction . . .

If you were given the task of choosing the next Disney film to have an attraction based on it at WDW, what would it be?

My top contenders would be :

1) The Jungle Book

2) The Rescuers

3) The Aristocats

Old January 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM
General Manager

ok, I get the first two and even have a couple of ideas of how they could be done, but have no idea what you would do with #3.

here's mine:

a new 3D film where Soarin' is based on UP

a dark ride based on Pete's Dragon or Fantasia/Fantasia 2000

the oft rumored roller coaster based on the door scene from Monsters Inc.

an interactive game similar to Kim Possible at EPCOT but based on National Treasure that would take place all over WDW, not limited to one specific park
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
but have no idea what you would do with #3.
I was thinking about something along the line of Snow White's Scary Adventure, except you have the butler trying to catch you but the farm animals saving you at the end.
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:13 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post

an interactive game similar to Kim Possible at EPCOT but based on National Treasure that would take place all over WDW, not limited to one specific park
Cool concept! Your other ideas are superb as well.

With National Treasure, you could also make it into an adventure ride like the Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Gold Tag

Mary Poppins. You'd enter the ride from Cherry Tree Lane, into the Banks' house, where you'd board chairs suspended beneath an umbrella. It would be a flying ride, like Peter Pan. You'd visit the Bird Woman, sail into a chalk painting, have a tea-party on the ceiling, and at one point, go right up a chimney to the rooftops of London, where the chimney sweeps dance and Admiral Boom shoots fireworks at you. Cheroo!

I'd also like to see a Biggest Loser attraction somewhere in Toontown!
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
I was thinking about something along the line of Snow White's Scary Adventure, except you have the butler trying to catch you but the farm animals saving you at the end.
Ok, I could see where that would work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
With National Treasure, you could also make it into an adventure ride like the Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland.
I had that same thought, but wanted to include something outside the parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Mary Poppins. You'd enter the ride from Cherry Tree Lane, into the Banks' house, where you'd board chairs suspended beneath an umbrella. It would be a flying ride, like Peter Pan. You'd visit the Bird Woman, sail into a chalk painting, have a tea-party on the ceiling, and at one point, go right up a chimney to the rooftops of London, where the chimney sweeps dance and Admiral Boom shoots fireworks at you. Cheroo!
Very interesting...I was trying to think of a Mary Poppins attraction but nothing came to mind, but I love your Peter Pan style ride system
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Gold Tag

To say truth, I never understood why the Disney conglomerate elected to go with non-Disney attractions like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I appreciate the popularity of the movies, but they seem very un-Disney. But then, I never understood why they wanted to go into the hotel business either.
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
But then, I never understood why they wanted to go into the hotel business either.
Let's see now. You have the most popular theme park in the world which attracts millions of visitors each year who need a place to stay. Now should I let other hotel companies make millions of dollars off my theme park's popularity or do I take advantage of the situation by building my own hotel resorts and making a vast fortune? The answer is pretty obvious. Just for the record, the Disney resorts are far superior than the other alternatives out there. Expensive, but superior.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Gold Tag

I stayed 5-nights at the Grand Californian in 2001. What's strange is, they built the hotel right next to the new park, but provide no common area, where you can view California Adventure; only those who can rent the most expensive suites get a view of the park. Yep, the answer is obvious.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
General Manager

I didn't know Disney had its own hotels at the other parks. I just thought it was a WDW thing.