Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Shows and Attractions

Shows and Attractions Shows discussion

Old December 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Default Shows entries from the old sfot site...group 1

Kevin Bailey
Seasons worked: 1973 -1979

Email: Kevin Bailey

Areas of Park: Marketing, Warehouse, Southern Palace (shows)
People to find: Anyone from the above mentioned departments

Monday, September 09, 2002 at 19:14:41 (CDT)

Eric Colvard
Seasons worked: 1977-1978
Funny Story or happening:

(I was a Confederate Soldier) Hi-jacking canoes; fighting the automated Indians on the riverbank of the LaSalle boat ride and falling in the river; playing "living statue" around the cannons; guard duty at the front entrance of the Southern Palace; stealing kisses from pretty female guests (you can get away with just about anything in costume!); playing harmonica around the tent; dancing the "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with hand-picked (again) pretty female guests in the finale of the live show country-western group in the Texas section. Never (well, hardly ever) studying even though most of us were in summer classes at UTA. Getting off and hustling over to Arlington Stadium to catch the Rangers. And, oh, yeah, marching around the park during our shows.
Email: Eric Colvard
Areas of Park: Confederacy
Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 22:57:18 (CDT)

Eric Colvard
Seasons worked: 1977-1978

(I was a Confederate Soldier) Hi-jacking canoes; fighting the automated Indians on the riverbank of the LaSalle boat ride and falling in the river; playing "living statue" around the cannons; guard duty at the front entrance of the Southern Palace; stealing kisses from pretty female guests (you can get away with just about anything in costume!); playing harmonica around the tent; dancing the "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with hand-picked (again) pretty female guests in the finale of the live show country-western group in the Texas section. Never (well, hardly ever) studying even though most of us were in summer classes at UTA. Getting off and hustling over to Arlington Stadium to catch the Rangers. And, oh, yeah, marching around the park during our shows.

Email: Eric Colvard
Areas of Park: Confederacy
Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 22:57:10 (CDT)

Robert Linnstaedt
Went by: Rob
Seasons worked: 1976-1978

I started out in Games, then went into the Light Parade my second season. What a blast!

For a shy guy, costuming helped me discover another side of myself. It probably was one of those major changes that redirected the rest of my life.

I've still got one of the old photos of the whole gang. Email me and I'll send you a copy.
Email: Robert Linnstaedt

Areas of Park: Good Times Square, Skeeball Palace, Light Parade, doubles in Rides (Spindletop, Skyride, Train, La Salle)

People to find: Kathy McGee, David Kruckemeyer, anyone from Skeeball Palace or the Light Parade in the late 1970's.

Other info: I worked a lot of doubles all over the park, in Rides.... After 15 years, I'm back in Arlington and planning to attend the 2002 Reunion.

Monday, August 19, 2002 at 21:42:05 (CDT)

aaron roach
Seasons worked: 1997-present

i was working at flume and one of the guys i was working with fell in the water
Email: aaron roach
Areas of Park: spain,loney tunes , modern
Monday, August 12, 2002 at 12:34:02 (CDT)

Amanda Donegan
Went by: Amanda Joplin
Seasons worked: 1996

Too many stories to even start - that was by far the best year of my life.
Email: Amanda Donegan
Areas of Park: Entertainment (Wacky World Games, Animal Action)
People to find: Wesley, Marianne and John, Chris, BlondeGirl, anybody who remembers!

Other info: I've been married for 2 1/2 years now, no kids, going to school here and there.

Friday, May 31, 2002 at 13:16:50 (CDT)

Benny Kirkham
Seasons worked: 1986-1990

Jeez, the fun never stopped backstage at the palace.

James Stiebing caught onstage after a blackout freeing up a decoy mouse he had built to scare the performers.

George Masek doused with water coming after me for revenge kicks the backstage door off its hinges, not realizing the stage manager was standing behind him.

I've got Dave's keeeeeyyyyyyys

One word - Deathball

We excavated with "borrowed" equipment behind the theater looking for the buried (and supposedly intact) remains of the old La Salles riverboat ride. (The well of La Salle's)

Fire Fire FIRE!

I've heard the ghost of Angus in the Southern Palace.

It's ten minutes till show. Here are all the parts to your spotlight in this box. By the way that was a really funny prank you played on me earlier. Good luck.

What a place what a crew what a mob what a show. If I live to be 100 years old (I won't) I'll never forget the names and faces and good times from that place. Anyone from the old crew that I don't already drink with regularly - please write me, I'd love to catch up.
Email: Benny Kirkham
Areas of Park: rides (84-85) shows technician, supervisor(86-90)
People to find: Meredith Bacon(what a cutie), Dave Grogan, Mary Coyle, the old staff from Show Productions.

Lesli
Went by: Masters
Seasons worked: 82-83

I worked in show productions as an usherette and a dresser. SFOT is where I met some great boyfriends! I remember the crew putting on our version of the show for the real performers to watch. A few years later I was a "real" performer at Houston's Astroworld and it brought back so many memories. We even ended up in some of the same costumes! I wonder what happen to Sherry Scott? She was always my favorite - What a wonderful dancer and a beautiful smile, too!

Email: Lesli
Areas of Park: Show Productions

Lesli
Went by: Masters
Seasons worked: 82-83

I worked in show productions as an usherette and a dresser. SFOT is where I met some great boyfriends! I remember the crew putting on our version of the show for the real performers to watch. A few years later I was a "real" performer at Houston's Astroworld and it brought back so many memories. We even ended up in some of the same costumes! I wonder what happen to Sherry Scott? She was always my favorite - What a wonderful dancer and a beautiful smile, too!

Email: Lesli
Areas of Park: Show Productions

Lori Bennett
Went by: Lori Newyear
Seasons worked: 1980

I was a singer in the country-western band, Sagebrush. Our band performed in the Mexican section of the park in the gazebo (now it's a fruit stand). The members of our band were all teachers, except for our guitar/fiddle player, Brian.

That summer (1980) was the hottest on record. The thermometer in the bandstand registered 120 degrees one day. Our shows only lasted 20 minutes. By the end of the 20 minutes, my ears would be full of sweat so I could hardly hear!

There were many great shows in the Music Mill that summer. I remember going to hear Jerry Jeff Walker after work one night. The seats were all taken, so I decided to sit on the rocks at the side. I couldn't figure out why no one was sitting there until I sat down and "burned my biscuits" as Yosemite Sam would say. The rocks had stored up the heat from all day and were burning hot to the touch!

I met my husband, David, there that summer. He was a gunfighter in the Wild West show. We have been married nearly 21 years.

Email: Lori Bennett
Areas of Park: Country western band played in the Mexican section
People to find: Chuck Harris
Other info: teacherts.com

John Hardman
Went by: Argyle Snake
Email: John Hardman
Areas of Park: Boom Town, Goodtime,Skull Island

Justy Smelley
Seasons worked: 1988

Just playing deathball behind the palace. Watching all the cute girls. The effects of the extreme cold on womens chests inside the building. Jepardy with Sir David Grogan. Oh to be there again.

Email: Justy Smelley

Areas of Park: The Southern Palace

People to find: Benny Kirkham, Scott Green, David Grogan, Susan, Anyone else that worked there or around there. The good looking blond from the Columbo yogurt stand.

Other info: Would love to hear from any of the people that worked around the palace that summer.

Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 19:43:39 (CDT)

Jeffery Crawford
Seasons worked: 1996
Email: Jeffery Crawford
Areas of Park: Dive Bomber Alley
Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 14:23:35 (CDT)

kahuna
Went by: diddler
Seasons worked: ??

During my short time at the park I was experamenting with the "better living through chemistry" philosopy,and as a result my memories are fuzzy at best.However Im sure a few of my ludest and crudest moments are burnt deaply in the minds of the unsoiled.
UPDATE--
the chase of that elusive lady called theater lead me to the east coast,where i honed my craft, flopped in many community theaters,and finally found religion.I became an ordained minister, and began spreading the truth in a traveling tent revival.To my regret the revival crumbled just south of Winslow and i was left pennyless,and had to take to hitchhiking.Soon I atempted to find solice in the bottle. I drifted in a drunkin haze for 3 years,until one morning I awoke in an alley in Tombstone.
I played street characters and slept in the O.K. corral,I dried out and began a strict physical fitness program.
Currently I star in Gunfight AT THE O.K. CORRAL 6 times a day(8 in the summer season, weather permitting)......

Email: kahuna
Areas of Park: Texas
People to find: miss lilly,chubby,chef,gunfighters

Thursday, October 11, 2001 at 01:15:42 (CDT)

Jerry Dawson
Seasons worked: 1972-1980
Email: Jerry Dawson
Areas of Park: Southern Palace, Puppet Theatre

Sarah Benton
Went by: Sarah Mansfield
Seasons worked: 1984-1985?

At first, I was an usherette at the Southern Palace. I told them I was having jaw surgery and my mouth would be wired shut for 6-8 weeks. Since I wouldn't be able to talk to guests, I landed a position as a dresser backstage.

At one point in the show, I was the only person by the pay phone that the performers used for personal calls backstage. Since I had just been wired shut, I forgot to resist the habit to answer the phone. Needless to say, the person on the other end of the line couldn't understand a word I said and hung up. At that point, Cathy, a performer, saw me at the phone. She had a contagious laugh and persisted to tell everyone.

No one (especially Cathy) ever let me live that one down!

Email: Sarah Benton
Areas of Park: Southern Palace
People to find: Cast and crew from Southern Palace during that time.

Steve Koenig
Seasons worked: 1988-1994

As hundreds of other esteemed colleagues have said ... there are so many stories to tell. Some of my highlights of those wonderful days are:
- Post 3: Can I seeee yur ID?
- Costumes sleepovers at Music Mill (Titty ... Titty)
- Being spied on by Frank V. while out on a costume run
- Roaming the Texas Arcade Haunted House with a bullhorn
- Randy Spur and the burning of 405 (blame it on the copier)
- Pretending Alex Sears was my big brother
- Nick Jones falling asleep in the coffin during Fright Nights
- Semi-secret communications on channel 5 "Can you go to 5?"
- Killer Tomatoes 5 -- Purple People Eaters 3
- Marco C. drinking Strawberry Quick (Whew! Bad belches, bro)
- Playing "Ohhhhhhhh!" in the costume room
- Uhhhh ... That's not my fat, Amy. (famous words)
- Setting up the damn queue at Batman (1 ton of steel pipe and chain)
- Hanging ghosts for Fright Nights till 5am with my buds
- Two Pesos and those 99 cent margaritas (salvation in a mug)
- What was that smell at Pac-Man theater anyway?
- Breast-feeding mothers who lag behind after a show - nice ***, lady!
- Tipping over in the "box" during HIP - I ran like hell!
- Shows legs (Nick coined the phrase)
- Ski trip to Taos with the tech guys (Poser!!!)
- Zoom-Booms were so much fun to drive (I can see my house!)
- Wrecking the Hotsey at Batman Theater
- Driving the floats in the HIP Parade (the shame)
- Taking Code 2Bs at GR from dissatisfied red-necks
- Annoying Haunted House soundtrack (Beware, Beeewwwaaarrree!!!)
- Fountain costume runs (code name for a really quick appearance)
- Working for low wages and loving ever minute of it!

Email: Steve Koenig
Areas of Park: Costume Characters, Shows Supervisor
People to find: All my long lost friends from those happy days - thanks for the memories!
Other info: This may be a second registration for me. I have lived in the D.C. metro area since June '99. I miss Texas, though. Drop me an e-mail if you remember me. I'd love to hear from all my old friends.

Thursday, August 02, 2001 at 14:57:40 (CDT)

Kyle Goolsby
Went by: Kyle Goolsby

Seasons worked: 1997

I was in the short lived "Trash Can Band" Thw guys in entertainment thought it would be great to try and rip off Disney by putting me and two other guys in Park Services uniforms and give us big metal trash cans with wheels. Inside these trash cans, we kept smaller metal pails. At random places in the park we would pull the pails out and play drums on them. At our last show we played in front of the Gunfight show (where we had to hang out in between shows.) The Gunfighters would bug us all the time asking if they could drum with us or do a show with us, so we said they could for the very last one. Now, anyone who has seen the gunfight show knows about the part where they shoot someone and they fall into the water trough. Well, one of the gunfighters juped into the trough while we were playing and soaked us all in water, then they all filled up their hats and gave us a nice going away shower. We then proceeded to raise our trash cans above our heads and smash them into the ground until you would'nt know the difference between them and a giant ball of aluminum foil. Ryan Owens was a little less than happy with us to say the least.
Email: Kyle Goolsby
Areas of Park: Entertainment, "Trash Can Band"
People to find: Any of the gunfighters from that summer.............What's up Kahuna!
Other info: I am know married and live in River Oaks. I work for BNSF as a tech support analyst and also am a volunteer firefighter.

Tuesday, July 24, 2001 at 15:05:37 (CDT)

Paul Young
Seasons worked: 1973-1974

As a puppeteer for Sid and Marty Krofft, In 1974 I portrayed
the Mr.Hyde costume that turned into Richard Nixon at the end
of the skit.
Nixon resigned in August that season, and it was VERY
interesting to track the audience reactions from week to week,
until Bruce Neal pulled the plug.

Email: Paul Young
Areas of Park: '73 Goodtimes Square games, 1974-1975 Puppeteer at Krofft theatre

Tuesday, July 03, 2001 at 22:58:46 (CDT)

Doreen Labit'
Went by: Jarboe
Seasons worked: 1963-1966

The funniest stories/memories I have from working at what used to be El Chicos diner in the park, I don't beblieve I could share without fear of prosecution !!!...only kidding...When not serving the visitors in the capacity of hostess..keeping the un-ruley kids in line during the heat ..lol...I would work in the employee dining room. Every day we would target different park employess for their "FREE" surprise..(kind of like Cracker Jacks) rolled up inside of their enchillada. Most took it as friendly but I can remember being chased thru the park on several ocassions. As I always thought the Gun Fighters to be the cutest hunks in the park, I would retreat and hide behind them for safty. Can't tell you how much I miss those days. I have 6 brothers and sisters al who worked at the park under the name "Jarboe" Most worked at El Chicos. Please feel free to e-mail if you feel the need for a pay-back. giggle giggle.
Email: Doreen Labit'
Areas of Park: Texas...but as a hostess I loved to roam daily bringing ice tea to the gun fighters and roving entertainers.
Other info: www.geocities.com/texas_boots

Monday, June 18, 2001 at 11:11:48 (CDT)

Chris Holland
Seasons worked: 1985-1991

Many, Many, Many...Just shared most of them last night at the 2001 Reunion...What fun and we really missed you there...

Email: Chris Holland
Areas of Park: Started in Admissions and ended in Costume Characters
People to find: Many...anyone from Costumes...Amy Huggins, Brain Jones, Stacy Hernadez, Steve Koenig, Jason Rose, Tonya Fuller, and the list goes on and on
Other info: Can't wait to see everyone again...Ya'll won't believe, but I now and somewhat of a responsible member of society...I am a Fire Fighter Paramedic...I know quit laughing, but it is true...Ya never know maybe one day I will roll up on you.

Sunday, June 17, 2001 at 12:39:51 (CDT)

Christie
Went by: Jones
Seasons worked: 1981-1988

There were so many! One of my favorites was when the Crazy Horse Saloon hired a stripper to wish one of the cast members Happy Birthday and the guests got a lot more than they bargained for! My all time favorite was when the Marching band encircled me and sang the song from Morris Day and The Time! Then there was when we left at midnight and drove to Port A - It was sooo much fun when the guys had the seafood feast for us!

Email: Christie

Areas of Park: Dolphin Show, Shows Supervisor, Snack Stand and Company Store

People to find: Don "The Diver", Allan from Rides where are you my Port A. Buddy!, Chuck are you married?

Friday, June 15, 2001 at 11:40:46 (CDT)

Winnetta Byford
Went by: Winnetta Baumer
Seasons worked: 1986-1992

I have so many memories of my time at SFOT. Some funny, some just good.

- Walking through Rapids in the off season when it was drained.
- Working on last minute costume alterations the night before park opening (all night long! Then working a full day that first day! No sleep for 48 hours!!)
- Decorating the Spelunker's Cave for Christmas. We wrapped rocks to look like candy and even found a high chair for baby spelunker in the family scene!
- Playing Mrs. Claus at Santa's workshop. M&M/Mars donated something like 200 cases of mini-Snickers and the supes just said "get rid of it!" We were giving kids 4 and 5 pieces each, every food and gift stand in the area came and got BAGS of the stuff and I even gave 2 cases to the kid who cleaned up after the horses on the carriages. (That one felt good though, because he lived at a local orphanage and took the candy home to all the kids.
-That was also the year we had several electric-powered automations in the Cave that I was responsible for. So every night at close, I changed from Mrs. Claus to "Unplug Everything Before They Shut Down Cave Woman." Jump in one boat, jump out at the scene, unplug, jump in the next boat and do it again at the next scene. The hard part was getting the good folks working the ride to keep it going long enough for me to get done!
-Sitting in the wagon with Joey while he played the crow puppet and insulted everyone. (Especially my dad when he forgot and wore his houseshoes to Six Flags one day!)
-The day the technicians wrapped one of the Southern Palace performers (Mike) in duct tape between shows!
-Gravity checks behind the Palace!
-99 cent margaritas after work at Taco Cabana!
-Walking through the park at 3am and feeling perfectly safe!

Six Flags was a magical place!

Email: Winnetta Byford

Areas of Park: Diving Show, Southern Palace, Guest Information, Fiberglass

People to find: David Hamer, Kelly Rice, Karlisa McKinney, Liz Kelly, Andrea Piazza, Benny Kirkham

Other info: I am now married, living in Grapevine. I work in Information Technology (manager, programmer, gofer!). Still get season passes about every other year just to check out the shows!!

Saturday, June 09, 2001 at 15:44:35 (CDT)

Beverly Mosher
Went by: Beverly Bennett (Teddy)
Seasons worked: 1983 - 1990?

In addition to the stuff from my last entry, I can remember hating being on the tower during the "great cricket invasion" year and loving it when the US High Diving Team was doing their shows. All the after hours parties, MOST of which I remember. I only wish my kids had a place like that to work, maybe I will have to ship them south to stay with Grandma for a summer or two so they can have as much (well maybe not AS much) fun as I did. Thanks to this site I found the other two Bobbsey Triplets... love you guys! Only wish I could make it to the reunion to see everybody.

Email: Beverly Mosher

Areas of Park: Parking Lot, Security, Rides, Shows, Corporate Office

People to find: I am still trying to locate the red headed Tracy Sanders, Liz Brown (McCoy), Ginny Venable, Tim Karl, James Bell and Betty Butler. Would also love to hear from anybody else who remembers me.

Other info: Still living in Canada with my Canadian hubby Chris, our nearly 3 year old son Nick and we are expecting a second son (Michael) in September.

Thursday, June 07, 2001 at 18:16:30 (CDT)

Ralph Lee Sparks
Seasons worked: 1962-1963
Email: Ralph Lee Sparks
Areas of Park: Campus Review (1962)and Crazy Horse Saloon (Texas Section) 1963
Wednesday, May 09, 2001 at 13:51:04 (CDT)

Ralph Lee Sparks
Seasons worked: 1962-1963
Email: Ralph Lee Sparks
Areas of Park: Campus Review (1962)and Crazy Horse Saloon (Texas Section) 1963
Wednesday, May 09, 2001 at 13:50:29 (CDT)

Allan (Bunky) Garonzik
Seasons worked: 1961-1967

AFTER ONE PARTY THAT THE GUNFIGHTERS HOSTED, THE ENTIRE CAST FROM THE CRAZY HORSE SALOON SLEPT IN MY WIFE'S AND MY APARTMENT. MOST ON THE FLOOR, BUT A FEW IN PLACES LIKE THE KITCHEN TABLE AND BATH TUB.

On hot days (most of them) we would go in the cave on La Salle's riverboat ride. Hide in the water and grab the hand of guests as they rode by in the dark. Got a good scream most of the time.

WORKED IN FOOD AND BEV, CONFEDERATE DRILL TEAM, AND GUNFIGHTERS.
Email: Allan (Bunky) Garonzik
Areas of Park: Mex. Conf. Tex.

Shanna Caughey
Seasons worked: 1995

Had a wilder time than any other 16-year-old I knew when I worked at the Southern Palace. At 22, I'm a bit calmer now.
Email: Shanna Caughey
People to find: any fellow dressers... techs from the palace or batman.

Friday, March 02, 2001 at 00:20:00 (CST)

Jonne' Tomeo
Went by: Jonne'
Seasons worked: 1997-2000

Too much drama to put down for the record!! I probably couldn't say one funny thing because something hilarious happened about every two seconds during all of my shows.....in fact, Dustin Fitzner and I used to laugh just by looking into each other's eyes!! But, I would like to say that I am thankful for every friend I ever made at Six Flags and I love them more than words could ever attempt to say. I have so many wonderfully exciting memories that it would be impossible to put down in words......but they will forever remain in my heart....
love to boo, cutie A, matty, "favorite", T-T, DD, Kakliqua, Ookie, cara, stephanie and all of the rest!!!!!! love yall!

Email: Jonne' Tomeo

Areas of Park: Palace, Saloon, GoodTimes, and the fabulous Front Gate
Tuesday, February 13, 2001 at 13:43:40 (CST)

Sheri Madden
Went by: Sheri Madden
Seasons worked: 1973-1976
Email: Sheri Madden

Mark Dunavin
Seasons worked: 1974-1975
This was the first year of the parade. Equipment was not worked out yet, so we did not have any fans in the costume characters heads. We had a few cases of the Electraphant throwing up, other characters passing out, etc. One time we ran Led Zepplin through the speakers of Cactus Jack's wheelbarrow (I think that was the characters name)instead of Country music. The crowd liked it better than the manager. Anyway, it was a fun group to work with.

Email: Mark Dunavin

Areas of Park: Cyrus Cosmo's Electric Light Brigade Parade
Thursday, January 18, 2001 at 10:38:33 (CST)

Shawn Odum
Went by: Shawn Hutcherson
Seasons worked: 1982-83

I can't believe the things that the cast of the Crazy Horse Saloon got away with. I'm glad we did because it made for a lot of fun. One of the things we did was a "Star Show" in which we all introduced ourselves as a particular star in which we thought we looked like. That cast consisted of Sylvester Stalone, Shirley MacClain, Barbara Mandrell and Jim Nabers. I know it was confusing to the audience, but we sure got a laugh out of it. Other funny shows that I participated in can be seen under information from Tracy Wise.

Email: Shawn Odum

Areas of Park: Crazy Horse Saloon

People to find: Phil Morgan, Sydney McBeth Arnold, Sue Alsbury Alexander, Roslyn Gauntt, Chris Williamson, Jerry Hutton and Blake Hutton and last is Don (our "Sylvester Stalone" in the summer of 1981) (HILARIOUS GUY)

Other info: I live in Nashville, TN, been married for over 12 yrs. and have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. My family is still in Sherman, TX

Tuesday, January 16, 2001 at 20:20:42 (CST)

Tracy Weaver
Went by: Tracy Wise
Seasons worked: 1983-1984

I laughed so hard while performing at the Crazy Horse saloon, that I peed down my leg and everyone saw it. I ran off stage completely humiliated.
Also, if there was a song we (the cast) didn't feel like doing that show, we'd just have the sound man fast-forward through it and we'd make small talk with the audience until the next song was ready.

And...I bought some mystery meat from the canteen and brought it back tto the dressing room to eat it. It was so gross and made my stomach sick. Well, that piece of meat appeared in every show for at least a week. We took turns hiding it somewhere on stage so that a fellow cast member would find it and laugh.
We got away with murder, and had a blast. I'm still best friends with one of my castmates, and would love to see the others. If you're out there...write!

Email: Tracy Weaver
Areas of Park: Crazy Horse Saloon
People to find: any and all performers, ushers, concession workers that worked for the shows

Jackie Pinson
Seasons worked: 1972-1974
Funny story or happening:

Worked at Casa Magnetica for one year and can still
almost remember the spiel. Worked a little on all the
rides but mostly the spiel rides. Then because I
wanted to grow my hair out, I went to work as a
dresser at the Southern Palace. I helped dress a
singer named Pauletta Pierson who ended up marrying
Denzel Washington

Areas of park: All over

email: Jackie Pinson

People to find: Steve Davis, from the Southern Palace show Cymbre Goodall from Casa Magnetica

Other info : I moved to Los Angeles, became a fashion model for about 10 years, then became a personal
assistant to Belinda Carlisle and toured for years with The GoGo's. Then became a casting associate at
CBS in Hollywood and then moved back to Texas in 1994, and now I play the stock market.

Ride Operations
Shows and Attractions

Areas of park: Southern Palace Theatre

email: Michael Brown

People to find: Jay Johnson, Mike Howard, Mike Farabee, David Anderson, Jackie & Duane Nichols, David Brown

Other info : See above

shows
Shows and Attractions

Miki Hervey-Snell
went by: Miki Hervey

Seasons worked: 1962

Funny story or happening
I was a cast member in the first live show in the amphitheater that Six Flags had. I was one of the dancers. We worked seven days a week, with no day off. This caused rebellion towards the end of the summer, and cast members began to do pranks during the show to put some variety into our lives. For a short period, we shared the cramped back stage area with a baby elephant that had a part in the show. We also shared the stage lights with many sorts of insects that landed on us at inopportune moments. It was a very fun summer.
Miki Hervey-Snell

Areas of park: Live Show in the Amphitheater

email: Miki Hervey-Snell

People to find: John Moehring (Magician in the show) I beleive he works for Six Flags now.

Other info : I live in Dallas. Because of my connection with Six Flags, I was selected to work as a dancer in the live show at the Texas Pavillion at the 1964 New York Worlds Fair. I was a Braniff flight attendent for 23 years. I am married to New Zealand Olympic gold medalist, Peter Snell.

shows
Shows and Attractions

Jeff Arnold
Seasons worked: 1984 - 1986

There was so many time that were great it is hard to just pick one. The years I spent in the park were some of most memorable times I had growing up.

Areas of park: Conquistador, Log Flume, Railroad, Costume Characters

email: Jeff Arnold

other depts: Ride Operations, Shows and Attractions

Bob Johnson
Seasons worked: 1963-1965

I worked in the Crazy Band and on hot summer days (most of them were) we would end the shift by playing for the guests waiting to ride one of the water rides. After playing our last concert, we would usually take a dip in the ride. We especially enjoyed the flume ride and the canoe lake for cooling off.

Areas of park: Original Crazy Band

email: Bob Johnson

People to find: Looking for any of the charter members of the Crazy Bnad

Other info : I am currently head of the Fine Arts Department and Band Director at Ranger College. I still play in assorted dance bands and brass quintets. Shows and Attractions

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Last edited by sfotadmin; May 15th, 2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Black Tag

Default Re: Shows entries from the old sfot site...group 1

Is this thing still goin on? Last entry in 2008. It's now 2011f.
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:43 AM
General Manager

This is merely all the archived stuff from the old site.
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
General Manager

All the memories on sfot.net were left on a "guestbook" in the early internet years (kinda like everyone had on personal homepages on Geocities and Angelfire). It wasn't until the mid 2000's that the site evolved into the message forums that we use now. Alan just recopied the old entries to here so they could still be enjoyed.
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
Alan just recopied the old entries to here so they could still be enjoyed.
Not to mention the fact that it's a whole lot easier just to cut and paste.
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
General Manager

Not to mention back then all Alan could do was copy and paste. Now look what he's done!!
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
" Now look what he's done!!"
I get a lot of that from my wife.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET