Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Finding old Friends...

Finding old Friends... Where's Waldo? Find your old friends here

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfotadmin View Post
Done. I'm not sure how to find some people with common names. I wish the search was more robust. Now where is that old buddy of mine... John Smith? )
I don't know about John Smith, but you can search by email address if you have one.

There is a more powerful search, you just have to dig down.
www.davismccownlaw.com
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Platinum Tag !

Sometimes you can narrow a search by network, but that's useless if you don't know if the person has moved around. Females are difficult to find if they marry & don't put their maiden name in. I wish the search was more like the one on myspace. Facebook does seem to do a pretty good job of finding people you may know based on your friends & profile. As you add more friends, you'll find more.

Put your facebook link in your signature here if you want people on sfot.net to find you easily.
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Okay.. here I am:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...40152&ref=name

Friend me!

-Alan

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old January 14th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Black Tag

Default Facebook

Hello, I am wondering if you are the same folks on facebook that are the former employees group. There are several groups going around and it is getting a little difficult keeping things straight.

I attended a former employees reunion back in 2006, but that is the last event I have been to. Just trying to get an idea of which group is which and trying to get in touch with a lot of friends I had at Six Flags. Currently, I talk to TWO. That is a lot less than the 100's I used to know. I know life moves on, but this is the internet age; and one can only hope to make a few connections.

I know I am misspelling this, but I never claimed to be a good speller, but I do remember the spinnaker before I began working at Six Flags. I went every summer, WHY did they get rid of that ride? I was severely disappointed that the ride was gone when I began to work there. *sighs*. Ah well, life moveth on.
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Blue Tag

You spelled it right........or at least I think so...that's the way I spell it....but honestly, I've been wrong before.....

always loved the Spinnaker....was sorry to see it go....
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenie K Pearce View Post
Hello, I am wondering if you are the same folks on facebook that are the former employees group.
Completely different group.
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:40 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Hello, I am wondering if you are the same folks on facebook that are the former employees group. There are several groups going around and it is getting a little difficult keeping things straight.
As far as I know, this site doesn't have a facebook page, but several of us on here are on facebook and are members of some of the Six Flags groups.
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
General Manager

Spinnaker was removed for Runaway Mountain. It was hauled to Fiesta Texas where it now operates as the Wagon Wheel in Crackaxle Canyon, not far from the Rattler entrance.

I didn't know there was more than one former employees Facebook spot, but I joined the first one I came across..
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hello Stephenie,

Well... this is the Original Former Employee group. We started out in 97 as just a website at sfot.net. We've grown from there into a non-profit group that organized a number of reunions at the park over the years. We are associated with the SFAFE name as well. You can check out the sfafe site at http://sfafe.org/ . Davis McCown runs the site there. There are some pictures there of past reunions.

As far as I know the former groups on facebook have not arranged any reunions but, lord knows if they want to help organize one, we'd be happy for any help.

-Alan

p.s. The Wagon Wheel at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio is the old Spinnaker. Just to stand there and listen to it start up will give you goosebumps.

Quote:

I attended a former employees reunion back in 2006, but that is the last event I have been to. Just trying to get an idea of which group is which and trying to get in touch with a lot of friends I had at Six Flags. Currently, I talk to TWO. That is a lot less than the 100's I used to know. I know life moves on, but this is the internet age; and one can only hope to make a few connections.

I know I am misspelling this, but I never claimed to be a good speller, but I do remember the spinnaker before I began working at Six Flags. I went every summer, WHY did they get rid of that ride? I was severely disappointed that the ride was gone when I began to work there. *sighs*. Ah well, life moveth on.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old January 18th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Gold Tag

It is sort of confusing with the various groups on FB. I know I'm on the group page for SFOT Former Employees and the one for SFOT Employees Past and Present. Then there's the History of SFOT page, the I miss the Speelunker Cave at Six Flags and then one of my favorite...I love Six Flags Pink Things.
Shockwave - 1993