Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > Finding old Friends...

Finding old Friends... Where's Waldo? Find your old friends here

Old February 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Black Tag

Default Batman Stunt Show 95-96

Looking for anyone from the Batman show/or anyone that used to hang out there.

Jamalyn Loicano
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Black Tag

Hi,
I worked the Batman Forever Water Stunt Spectacular for the last two years it was at Houston Six Flags. I played the Mayor and the Batboat.
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Black Tag

By the way, I'm Alan Hutton.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Black Tag

During rehearsal one time didn't someone get hit by a motorcycle jumping a ramp. I thought it was a girl. I was in the games section in front of the Shockwave but I remember the ambulance coming and everything. I don't think it was too serious but that was the story I heard at the time.
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Black Tag

Default Batman Water Stunt Spectacular

Hey, just ran across this site.. Alan What going on?

Myself and Rosie are both still doing shows, as part of the WFWA National Jet Ski tour and water stunt shows at
www.jetskishows.com
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Black Tag

Hi Tommy,
I'm still a Pyrotechnician. I'm on my second marriage/first kid. My wife's name is Pamela and my four year old son's name is Bryn, its a Welsh name. I work alot as a fight choreographer and weapons master for films and various other productions.

You can see me at The Texas Renaissance Festival performing a semi-armored poleaxe fight on You Tube by typing in "pole axe fight". It will come up as "Oskar Hasselhoff vs. George Bolin pole axe fight". I'm Oskar Hasselhoff.

Good to hear from you! If you ever come down Houston way get in touch with me and we'll go do something.
Alan Hutton
(713) 724-7105
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Black Tag

What is going on in the Lagoon at Six Flags Houston? Alan great to hear you are still at it!

Check out one of our jet ski show video on Myspace or youtube.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoontommy View Post
What is going on in the Lagoon at Six Flags Houston?
Oh, boy. That park no longer exists; it was closed at the end of October 2005 and demolished over the next few months; nothing but an overgrown, empty lot now..
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
Oh, boy. That park no longer exists; it was closed at the end of October 2005 and demolished over the next few months; nothing but an overgrown, empty lot now..
Gone but definitely not forgotten!!...there are alot of people in the Houston area that are pretty disappointed with the decision to close an tear down the park...makes me wonder what they based their decision on??

Lets just say it is now an empty lot...but has not had a chance to be overgrown with weeds...they have so much stuff going on at the Reliant Stadium and surrounding venues that they use it for a parking lot!!
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnic thunder View Post
Gone but definitely not forgotten!!...there are alot of people in the Houston area that are pretty disappointed with the decision to close an tear down the park...makes me wonder what they based their decision on??
Kieran Burke, CEO of SF, Inc. at the time, claimed the land was worth more than the park. Also claimed the park was not making any money, which tends to happen when you don't provide enough budget for general upgrades or new attractions .. (When a few rides get a new coat of paint and people are happy to see improvements being made, THAT'S a huge problem, no?) Told the media he expected the land to fetch $145 mil, but when it finally sold, it was for $77 mil, and then MINUS about $23 mil from that figure for park demolition and transportation (for relocated rides) costs. The purchaser at the time claimed to have "big plans", but once the sale was final, admitted that they really had nothing in mind for it. Apparently they still don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnic thunder
Lets just say it is now an empty lot...but has not had a chance to be overgrown with weeds...they have so much stuff going on at the Reliant Stadium and surrounding venues that they use it for a parking lot!!
The purchaser of the land almost got fined by the City of Houston in the weeks after buying for failure to keep the property clean and manageable. When they got around to mowing, they had to use tractors.

I don't know about the use of parking for Reliant, but the only major event to have happened since the park's demolition was the Rock the Bayou concert that took place this past Labor Day weekend.

www.sixflagshouston.com - forum member since 2002. Most of us there are those disappointed people you speak of. AstroWorld was my escape during the summers of the early and mid 90s.