Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > General SFOT Forum

General SFOT Forum General SFot discussion

Old August 18th, 2017, 08:48 PM
General Manager

Default So what's new?

Hmm...kinda quiet around here...if only something "controversial" happened today...
Old August 19th, 2017, 01:08 PM
General Manager

Default Re: So what's new?

Are you referring to the boneheaded decision of making sure all the flags are American flags? I can understand wanting to remove the Confederate flag in light of current events, but the removal of ALL the flags? What offensive thing did France do? Or Spain? Or Mexico? And getting rid of the state flag? Really?
Old August 21st, 2017, 11:51 AM
Blue Tag

I maintained for decades that SFOT holds a very warm place in my heart. That won't change. However, this white flag waving to cater to the snowflakes is probably going to do more harm to this park than they realize. It surely affects my willingness to return any time soon. Its just not the environment that I enjoyed as a kid. Texas is in the friggin name already.
Old August 24th, 2017, 04:26 PM
General Manager

Last weekend I (we) ran 2 American flags AND 2 Texas flags on the Six Flags and TEXAS Railroad. I intend to run both sets of flags from now on, you know, in honor of the park being so stupid and all. (I think I just typed that out loud) Looks like we'll be changing the name of Southern Palace to That White Building over by Runaway Mountain. Prolly change the whole Confederate Section or (old South) to that street that leads to That White Building over by Runaway Mountain. I'm pretty sure the Gone Cotton Choppin' sign is gone or covered up by now. It's kinda like when Pepsi has their private party out there and we spend 2 days covering up ever single instance of the word Coke, so we don't offend them even though every single employee of Pepsi knows we have the contract with Coke. Wait till the snowflakes find out the sugar plantation we got the steam engines from was a slave plantation.
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Roaring Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train Engineer. PIC, 2015 Steam Train Engineer, Lead, Trainer, 2016-2017 On Ride Supervisor - Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum.