Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old May 1st, 2009, 03:38 AM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
I like fried mozzarella sticks, but the canteen had some in 93-94 that were huge, greasy, cholesterol-laden and enough to clog your arteries for life. I (rarely) used to order them by asking for an order of "suicide sticks".
One of the girls that I worked with choked on a grease ball from a chicken finger.
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
Aunt Addie's...prob the best food the park has ever had with Eddie Deans BBQ running a very close second...it was always a favorite of mine...it was our Sunday lunch spot until it closed in late 98/early 99 I think...Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes (chunky with skin on), white gravy and iced tea with free refills...prob one of the worst ideas ever closing that place down and replacing it with...NOTHING (unless you count crafts during HIP)
I agree, it was a bad mistake closing that place down! It was a nice place just to sit down and relax with good food. And I agree too about Eddie Deans BBQ, so good! They also ran the mexican restaraunt in Mexico section for awhile and had the largest nachos I've seen at the park to date. I liked them because they honored our employee discount even though they were lesees.
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilken View Post
Aunt Addie's...thank you, thank you, thank you for filling in that blank.
I remember more than a few lunches with you there.

They had awesome strawberry shortcake.
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
I remember more than a few lunches with you there.

They had awesome strawberry shortcake.
Yeah, I do remember the only time I would eat there was when I went with you and whoever else we could drag there with us.

I never had the strawberry shortcake, apparently I was missing something.
Shockwave - 1993

Last edited by ewilken; May 6th, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Yes, you were. The 'cake' was actually more like a shortbread-y... scone-y... biscuit-y thing that was far and away better than angel food cake.
Old May 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant12 View Post
I always thought the canteen food was pretty good and cheap, that must have been before the outside vendors got a hold of it. I think now its operated by the park again, but they serve only inpark food. I always liked the tacos, nachos, and Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich . I always liked the pool canteen as well, the fiesta salads rocked and you could get the 25 cent pink things. It was really nice working at Giant because you could use maximum break time and if you were in charge you could still keep an eye on the ride.
The pool canteen...almost forgot about that place!!
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: Is this the SF cantina?

One of my favorite places to eat was the restaurant in Mexico. It was actually a quite good Mexican Restaurant. Anyone besides me remember the employee special? A nice sized platter (an actual plate, not throw-away), beans on one half, rice on the other half, covered in chili and topped with cheese. $1.00. 1975-1977.
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Red Tag

And the upper patio AC at Casa was the best.
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Thompson View Post
One of my favorite places to eat was the restaurant in Mexico. It was actually a quite good Mexican Restaurant. Anyone besides me remember the employee special? A nice sized platter (an actual plate, not throw-away), beans on one half, rice on the other half, covered in chili and topped with cheese. $1.00. 1975-1977.

Yes. The best deal in the park. However, it guaranteed that you'd be spending your 15 min break later on that day in a restroom. No wonder I couldn't gain an ounce while working at that park. No amount of double doubles, fries, or ice cream would help. I don't have that problem today.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET