Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old April 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Platinum Tag !

The thing that drives me nuts about this is the hand counter the crew uses. I had better things to do on engine then to manually count the guests. I wonder if this is one of the reasons the outside of the engines are usually dirtier than when we worked em'.

It was almost stress relief to get the guests that jumped off or ran the gate. I loved making the ones who jumped off early to wait until everyone else off loads. Or how about ejecting the guest from the ride that jumps over the rail and onto the train.

Currently Independent Contractor with Schneider National Inc.
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Southern Palace Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_LaFong View Post
Do they not now? There is/was a concession stand between the two sets of doors. And rumor has it there was ghost in that stand.
There is no longer any concession stand in the lobby of the Southern Palace.
The lobby is now one room.
www.davismccownlaw.com
Old December 31st, 2013, 09:07 AM
Red Tag

I wonder why they removed the concession stand. Back in the '70s it was just popcorn and soft drinks. There is a lot of profit in those two items for what little labor was involved.

A little stand I ran one fall selling primarily drinks and cotten candy out sold the Pit Stop hamburger stand several weekends in the mid 70's. There was a cool trick we had to make such big sales to end that year, but management just thought the crowd in the park shifted our direction.
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:10 PM
General Manager

I also ran a little stand in between 2 games in Good Times Square. All we sold was one size of drinks and cotton candy and it was insanely busy. It was actually much easier than working at Colonels too. However I spent all night in cash control after closing...
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!