Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Black Tag

In the 70's that shop sold cheap jewelry. The stand that sold skulls and other island paraphernalia was on Skull Island next to the barge landing.
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Gold Tag

It may not always be the natural themeing, but Six Flags still themes theirs rides, sections, restaurants, and shops.

See Pics Below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sfot-Theme2.jpg (208.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg sfot-Theme1.jpg (217.1 KB, 41 views)
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: Pierre's Treasures

I recall Pierre's treasures, and I think I even remember the double entrance. I bought a pretty fine shatter-proof plastic sword there, and at least one Six Flags standard issue leather braided bullwhip, which was stamped "Made in Spain," if I recollect. Seems like at least one of my friends invariably bought a bullwhip on every trip we made to Six Flags. Thankfully nobody ever seemed to master the art of "popping" the thing, try as they might, thus preserving many Fort Worth eyeballs.

Pierre's Treasures was dark, rustic, and, as mentioned, filled with wonderful piratical / Indian knick-knacks. I would give my left little finger to run in there again from the River, with my best friends, on a summer day.

CWebster
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Red Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct247 View Post
It may not always be the natural themeing, but Six Flags still themes theirs rides, sections, restaurants, and shops.

See Pics Below.
Warner Bros is not theme, it's amusement propoganda. It's what is bringing down the park. And the restaurants are quickly becoming chain restaurants.
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjennings View Post
Warner Bros is not theme, it's amusement propoganda. It's what is bringing down the park. And the restaurants are quickly becoming chain restaurants.
Perhaps you're right but everytime I see a WB character in the park, they are swamped by kids. And that is a big reason parents, and their wallets, keep coming to the park. And that is why WB characters won't be leaving at least without a fight.

As far as food is concerned your right on point. It still amazes me that no Tex-Mex is sold in the park.