Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:52 PM
Gold Tag

Default Music From the Park

I am interested in knowing what music plays throughout the park.

I believe I heard the Bonanza Theme and of course the We Like to Party song but what are some other song names that play in the park...along the paths, on rides, etc? Thanks
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
Blue Tag

Fiesta!

Sorry. Had a nasty flashback.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Gold Tag

I have heard lots about this Fiesta song on Fiesta train...what did it sound like...who sang it...can I hear it somewhere?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:04 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Music

Well... let's see if I can dust off the memory cells.

This, of course is not current - but I'd be willing to bet that most of the music is the same as it was when I was employed there 6 years ago...

Texas - the theme music from all three Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood movies... Fist Full of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Also, Lonesome Dove and The Magnificent Seven. That's not all, but those are the ones I remember.

Tower - lots of Sousa marches. When I was tower formean, I always loved it when the walking band would do one of their performances at the base of the tower and drown out The Stars and STripes forever or The Liberty Bell March (even though I'm a huge Monty Python fan, that song DOES get old when you hear it 12 times a day)

Modern/Big Bend Strip - Mostly David Sandborn instrumentals, though one season, they played an instrumental version of Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone from Top Gun. After the Looney Tunes invasion, it turned into a Warner Brothers cartoon soundtrack mostly.

Mexico/Spain - I doubt I would know the names of any of them, but by god, every one of those tunes is STILL in my head. I've tried to have them purged, sand blasted, and/or surgically removed... and my brain still won't let them go.

Boomtown (not sure how much of that is left anymore) - lots of bluegrass, pioneer music. The only one for sure I know is Duelling Banjos.

Goodtimes Square - I don't know what music goes on there anymore. I loved it when they put in the flashback to the 50's theme... there was some great music played there the summer of 89 and spring of 90 when I spent many hours at the Goodtimes Depot as a conductor.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct247
I have heard lots about this Fiesta song on Fiesta train...what did it sound like...who sang it...can I hear it somewhere?
The closest comparison would be "It's A Small World" from Disneyland. Or possibly the "Duff Beer For You, Duff Beer For Me" song from the Simpsons. Imagine Hell's Children's Choir tormenting the damned.

I could usually mentally tune out the park's music but some days I prayed for the sweet release of the park closing and security piping in a radio station. I particularly remember listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well", Ten Years After's "I'd love To Change The World" and Grand Funk's "I'm Your Captain" while walking through the empty park. But occassionally they would put on a talk station and we'd be stuck with Garner Ted Armstrong sermons and Ronald Reagan commentaries.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:23 PM
Gold Tag

From the sounds of it...

Texas-that sounds the same...we hear some "western march" music played.

Tower-I don't notice any music.

Boomtown-I don't notice much music but it is country-ish

France-some sort of Acordian Polka stuff

USA- early 90s office jazz (as I like to call it) or dentist/elevator music (not the soft stuff0

Looney Tunes- Warner Bros Cartoon music

Spain/Mexico- spanish/mariachi (sp?)

Old South- marches and banjo-ish music

Entance- Six Flags song (We Like to Party-Venga Boys)

Goodtimes-plays oldies and rock n' roll but I don't remember what songs.

Thanks a ton!
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Red Tag

I still have, somewhere in my house, an original 45 record called 'The Sounds of Fun Surround you!' from 1974 I believe. It had a talking commentary with sounds about Six Flags and the various attractions. On the B side was the Six Flags march. They actually played that at the front gate for a while in the late 80's-early 90's.
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Gold Tag

^yeah, I have copies of those two songs.
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default oh?

If either of you have digital versions of those, I'd love to hear them.
Old October 6th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Red Tag

I have no idea how to digitalize it. Plus, I'm very sure that the record is scratched up very badly. But yeah, it would be cool to have in an archive kind of way.