Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old October 7th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Red Tag

This message goes to anyone who has SFOT related audio, as well as those posting in this thread...

I can digitize your old recordings for free if you like . I have a good turntable that I can plug into my mixing console that feeds into my sound card. Since the source is vinyl, I can digitally remove pops and clicks and probably make the audio sound pretty good.

The only thing is, being vinyl, for shipping to me you want to pack that puppy where it WILL NOT break.

I'll create 192k high quality (repaired and restored) mp3's of your audio, burn them to a cd, and return the cd and vinyl to you.

Just send me a private message if interested and I'll give you my address for shipping.

I wonder if we could post the mp3's to this board somehow so everyone could enjoy them?
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPhoto87

I wonder if we could post the mp3's to this board somehow so everyone could enjoy them?
I'm up with that.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old October 7th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Red Tag

Let me see if I can dig out the record.
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Gold Tag

SixFlagsHouston.com has someone in their forums that has put up some old Astroworld music including the music from the Western Junction section.

Does SFoT use the same general music? (maybe some of it)

For those interested in the music (including the Marvel theme song and other songs from the 70s), you can find it in the forums there.

Again, if anyone else knows songs played at the park or has audio of the songs/speils/commericials/etc. please post or let us know.

When naming songs, please give as music information as possible that you know...whether that is just the title or down the the exact composer or years it was played.

Thank you.
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Gold Tag

Default Sound Room

I recall in the 60s the theme from Gone With The Wind was played in the Confederate section and The Sons Of Katie Elder was heard in the Texas area.~ There was a sound room in the office complex at the center of the park that had bank upon bank of 1/4-inch tape playback machines. All of the music, everywhere in the park, originated there. Even the audio heard in the Spelunker's Cave was played from there. There was an "echo well" outside Casa Magnetica you could shout into and hear your voice echoed back several times. Inside the well was a microphone that would relay the signal to the sound room, where a loop of tape was perpetually running. The signal would be recorded, then immediately played back over about six playback heads, each with a lesser volume than the one before, then sent back to a speaker inside the well. Ah, 20th-century technology!
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Gold Tag

Thank you very much! I am trying to compile a collection together little by little. I know my parents have the Gone with the Wind soundtrack actually.

I would love to hear any more.

I also invite anyone to join the Yahoo Group in my sig and add to the music database.

Maybe eventually, I will move these databases here to SFoT.net.

I have a database of shops, resturants, rides, coasters, music, and shows! Please feel free to add to them. I need your knowledge since I wasn't even born yet. lol
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Gold Tag

Default Some Spelunker Music

If you're really into this, I can tell you much of the Spelunker music was classical in origin. The music you first heard, entering the cave, was Debussy, although I can't quite put my finger on what work. The Spelunkers playing the harps were playing Handel, from the first movement of his famous Harp Concerto. The storm music, as you went over the ramp, was from the beginning of The Firebird by Stravinski. Good luck! I know the trials and joys of collecting. I look forward to seeing your web page.
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Gold Tag

Ok...I have some more questions for SFoT music lovers out there. I hope someone can help me out.

Capstan, you mentioned Debussy. I listened to Barry Green's Speelunker's Cave experience off of his website. (Thank you Mr. Green.) I also searched iTunes for Debussy and listened to the samples. I am sure you can search the web and find one of these samples somewhere. Was the song at the begining one of the following?
-Nocturnes-Nuages
-Prelude of an Afternoon of a Faun / Nocturnes
I may be way off but maybe you could recognize it for me.

I was also able to find the other two. Thanks!

I am also positive Breaking Point by David Sanborn plays at the park to this day in the USA section. I had a video clip that I took in the USA section that I heard music in and I searched for David Sanborn and played samples of his songs and found out that that one was the one on my video. Thanks for the help on that one JStroop.

I also found a CD called the Carl Stalling Project: Music from Warner Bros. Cartoons from 1936 -1958. I believe that is the exact CD the park uses to play the music in the Looney Tunes USA section. After all, it was put our by Warner and in 1990 to boot.

I would also like to know if any of the following songs ring a bell from any section of the park...
-Red River Valley
-Home on the Range
-Whoopie-Ti-Yi-Yo (Git Along Little Dogies)
-Tumbling Tumbleweeds
-Wagon Wheels
-Riders in the Sky (Ghostriders in the Sky)
-The Last Roundup
-Turkey in the Straw
-High Noon
-Shenandoah
-Mexicali Rose
-The Streets of Loredo
-Happy Trails
-Yellow Rose of Texas
-Deep in the Heart of Texas
-The Eyes of Texas (I've Been Working on the Railroad Tune)
-San Antonio Rose
-Ragtime Cowboy Joe
-Buffalo Gals/Polly Wolly Doodle
-Dixie (I Wish I Were In Dixie)
-Battle Hymn of the Republic
-Yankee Doodle
-On Top of Old Smoky
-The Famer in the Dell
-Camptown Races
-When the Saints Go Marchin' In
-South of the Border
-The Camacheros
-El Capitan
-The High School Cadets
-Washington Post
-Semper Fidelis
-The Thunderer
-King Cotton
-Daughters of Texas
-Oh, Suzanna
-Bonie Blue Flag
-William Tell Overture
-Amazing Grace
-When Johnny Comes Marching Home
-Marching Through Georgia
-Hang Down Your Head
-She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain
-Surfin' USA
-Little Duece Coupe
-Fun, Fun, Fun
-Good Vibrations
-Rock Around the Clock
-Mr. Sandman
-The Twist
-Johnny B. Goode
-Roll Over Beethoven
-Yakity Yak
-I Feel Good
-Monday Monday
-Dancin' in the Streets
-Rockin Robin
-Devil with the Blue Dress On

I could go on and on with more but those are some that kinda popped out at me...if any ring a bell or if you find sample clips and sound familiar. PLEASE let me know. I am very interested in setting up a complete database of Six Flags over Texas music past and present (no...not for downloading...) Thanks a TON!

Last edited by rct247; December 29th, 2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct247
-Yellow Rose of Texas
-Deep in the Heart of Texas
Texas Section- To this day I do believe. Also the slow song from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (the one they play when they beat the Conferderate soldiers) and OwayOwayO. There may be others listed. I can pretty much hum all the Texas section songs, but I don't know the titles. I only spent 60%of my SFOT career in the Texas section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct247
-Yakity Yak
-Rockin Robin
Goodtimes Square? Also probably others listed, but I can't remember since they tore Goodtimes Depot down at the end of '96.
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Red Tag

I'm pretty sure they played 'Feels so good' by Chuck Mangione in the Modern section in the mid eighties.