Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT Q&A

SFoT Q&A Ask questions about rides - how they did that, etc. here.

Old March 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
General Manager

Default Southern Palace Lobby

I remember standing in the Southern Palace Lobby waiting for the doors to open. Did the lobby ever serve other purposes? Did they ever sell food and drinks to visitors waiting inside at any point in its history?
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Blue Tag

Do they not now? There is/was a concession stand between the two sets of doors. And rumor has it there was ghost in that stand.
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_LaFong View Post
Do they not now? There is/was a concession stand between the two sets of doors. And rumor has it there was ghost in that stand.
Nope, I haven't seen that stand open for years. Now they just have the vending guys standing there and/or walking around the theatre. Does anyone know if the whole "no drinks in line" will be extended to the theatres? That would stink not being able to take a corndog and a coke into CrazyHorse.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM
General Manager

Default All aboard!

I know you can still eat and drink on the trains and you can take the 15 dollar drink bottles on the Cave.... at least we have been able to so far this year.
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old March 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
General Manager

Well, that particular ride isn't exactly filled with thrills, unless you push someone overboard.
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Platinum Tag !

Default Did he say that?

OK, considering the ride in question, was that supposed to be a straight line, or were you just not thinking about it?
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Blue Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloak View Post
I know you can still eat and drink on the trains and you can take the 15 dollar drink bottles on the Cave.... at least we have been able to so far this year.
$15 dollar drink bottles? Are you serious?
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
General Manager

Default I'm always usually sort of serious.

Yup, I sure am... 15 bucks for the sports bottle, minus your seasons pass 20 percent, BUT you get free refills that day and 99 cent refills all year. So... not a bad deal at all considering $3.50 for a medium this year....
81-82 Colonel's Cafe, 2008 HR - Temp, 2009 Rapids & Superman, 2014 Texas Giant, Boot Scootin' & Steam Train PIC, 2015 Steam Train. 2016-2017 Side 4 Supervisor, Steam Train. Head Trainer. Co-creator of the soon to be Johnson Creek Station Museum. 2018 back at the Railroad for my 9th season!
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:42 AM
General Manager

If it has the SFOT logo on it, you'll have a souvenir which might actually be worth something one day. I cry whenever I think about all those Star Wars figures I sold at the family garage sale for 50 cents each.
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

STILL take food and drink on the train?

What happened to the days of conductors standing at the depot gates yelling "PLEASE FINISH ALL EATS, DRINKS, AND SMOKES BEFORE BOARDING THE TRAIN!!"?