Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT memories

SFoT memories If you have a special story about the park, a fellow employee, or just working there, enter it here.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.
Default Rest in Peace

For those who worked at the park in the 90s, you will probably remember James Prater fondly.

He passed away this morning after a long battle with leukemia.

James was a great guy, who was always in a good mood and always had a smile on his face and a joke on the tip of his tongue.

We lost touch over the years, but today the world feels like a lesser place for his absence. Godspeed, my friend.
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:05 AM
General Manager

Default Re: Rest in Peace

I've seen several mentions of this on Facebook in the last 24 hours, but I guess I didn't know him that well as the name sounds slightly familiar, but there's no face to match it. Is there a time frame for the time he worked there, or a picture?
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Platinum Tag !

He was there when I started in '92 and I think he left in '97. He spent his last year or so in Entertainment and he was a secret shopper for Ops for awhile after he left.

Jeremy, you gave a pretty good description of James on Facebook: eternally positive.

One thing that's been on my mind the past 24 hours is how I've lost touch with so many people I was close to during my time at the park. Sure, Facebook has made the world a lot smaller, but it just isn't the same as it was when I used to see those people on a daily/weekly basis.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:26 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Yeah, I remember specifically my last year as an OPS supervisor, the supervisor staff in general being very unhappy with increased expections of performance but dramatically reduced staffing... most people were in horrible moods all the time, but James was always smiling and joking around to keep the mood light, and to keep us from taking ourselves too seriously. He was a pleasure to work with and a good friend.