Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Random Ramblings...

Random Ramblings... anything goes..within reason. (jokes, political discussions...oh wait that is a joke, events in Texas) ...well anything. ;-)

Old February 7th, 2016, 10:32 PM
General Manager

Default Super Bowl 50

A big congrats to the Broncos on their win, 24-10. I'm sure the Panthers will have more big games in the future, but this was mostly about the Broncos smothering defense. Oh --- and that Peyton Manning fellow did ok too.
Old February 8th, 2016, 09:23 AM
General Manager

Default Re: Super Bowl 50

Cam Newton really is a great player, but if he would shelve the self-aggrandizing and "boyish enthusiasm", as I heard some football commentator say somewhere, he might be a more likable fella. "Superman" looked an awful lot like Lex Luthor as the 4th quarter started. Boyish enthusiasm clearly doesn't exist when you're losing in the biggest game of the year..

I was hoping he would get put in his place. I didn't expect the underlying immaturity to come through.
Old February 8th, 2016, 12:46 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

I generally don't like showboats (ie, I can't stand Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson or any number of NBA players who make everything about themselves)... but I don't have too much of a problem with Cam Newton. He does seem to do what he does because he's having a good time, instead of a psychological need to be the center of attention.

But ... it kind of got under my skin that he was a complete dickhead at his post game press conference. If you're going to be brash showboat, "put me in the media" guy while things are going well, you have to pay the price and answer the questions when things aren't going well. You owe it to the ESPNs of the world who do a feature story on you 4 days a week while you're winning to talk to their reporters after you lose. He lost a lot of credibility with me yesterday.

Now... on to the important stuff:
Denver Broncos.
Peyton Manning.
Enough said.
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:25 PM
General Manager

Yeah, Cam will be back. And while I normally have enjoyed watching him play since his arrival there as a rookie, last night he was a little brat having a meltdown. He and Peyton seemed to both have mutual respect for each other, in fact both stated that in pre-game. Here's the real issue: there's an old saying that says, "It ain't braggin' if you can actually do it". And Cam normally backs up his swagger. Like he recently said, "If you don't like my dancing, keep me out of the end zone." Well, Denver's D was happy to oblige most of last night (Von, DeMarcus, et all). Hopefully Cam will learn to hate the taste of crow and remember this lesson. I really do enjoy watching him having fun with his buddies while getting paid for it (a real rarity in the league where so many grumble about simply doing their job).

The officiating was atrocious and selective at times, but I don't think it would have changed the outcome, just delayed the butt-whippin'.

Here's a fast fun version of the game for those who didn't get to watch it:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/supe...er-tecmo-bowl#