Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Main SFOT Categories > SFoT memories

SFoT memories If you have a special story about the park, a fellow employee, or just working there, enter it here.

Old September 12th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Gold Tag

Default Don Williams

It's been a few days since I heard the news that country music singer/songwriter Don Williams died. I remember seeing him at The Music Mill--it must have been '78 or '79--and his performance remains memorable not only for the music, but for what seemed like a genuine goodness that he exuded; I've never forgotten it. I've been listening to his music for the past couple of days and it's been simultaneously pleasing and also incredibly sad.

Don Williams is another one of those musicians who are part of the soundtrack of my life; following right on the heels of Walter Becker (I have a pretty varied taste in music ), many of the "heroes" (for lack of a better word) of my youth are dying--and my own mortality is staring me right in the face. It's sobering.

I have so much for which to be thankful; God has blessed me in so many ways and yet, I'm afraid I'm not growing old gracefully. And that, too, makes me sad.