Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old October 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM
General Manager

Default Final day Maelstrom video

I guess the troll and polar bears will be retiring.
http://youtu.be/SZiOIUxwx5k
Old October 5th, 2014, 07:41 PM
General Manager

Default Re: Final day Maelstrom video

these were my tweets about this today:

Epcot will never be the same after #Maelstrom closes...ppl will actually WANT to ride the attraction in Norway instead of a way to kill time

Would have been great if #Maelstrom hadn't opened today as a middle finger to the fans just to see Twitter melt

@Attractions: Today is the last day to ever ride Maelstrom at Epcot: http://attractionsmagazine.com/froze...ing-maelstrom/ YEA!

so you can see how little I cared about this thing closing...bring on Frozen
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:07 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
these were my tweets about this today:

Epcot will never be the same after #Maelstrom closes...ppl will actually WANT to ride the attraction in Norway instead of a way to kill time

Would have been great if #Maelstrom hadn't opened today as a middle finger to the fans just to see Twitter melt

@Attractions: Today is the last day to ever ride Maelstrom at Epcot: http://attractionsmagazine.com/froze...ing-maelstrom/ YEA!

so you can see how little I cared about this thing closing...bring on Frozen

Yep, I agree. It was a nice attraction, but rather brief, dated and not very repeatable for most. At least we have YouTube now -- folks can take a virtual POV ride whenever they like. And from my understanding, the Imagineers plan on relaunching the actual attraction, but with new scenes and storyline...much like Disney did with Alien Encounter. The actual ride will probably still be there.
Old October 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM
General Manager

well they certainly didn't waste anytime (not that I thought they would with such a "quick" turnaround time)...the boats were seen leaving property on the back of a flat bed (I'm assuming to a warehouse to start their own refurb as I don't know why they would replace them as they still fit the theme and UNLESS they go with just the boring boats they have for every other boat ride

Also I hear the Archives came in and claimed what they wanted to be shipped out to CA...the big polar bear, the three headed troll, the wall maps, and entrance sign