Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Ride Operations

Ride Operations Ride Operations discussion

Old April 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Black Tag

Default Park Perves...

When I was at Gold River, we got to be VERY good friends with security. One story...

Vivian was on lift for her hour. When she came down, she looked like she was in shock. All she could say was "They must have been in their 80s!"

When she finally came to her senses, we found out an old woman gave an old man a favor and she saw it at the lift and on the cameras! (benefit of not having teeth to get in the way)

I can post more later, but I wanted to know what other indecent behavior that people have witnessed... Please keep the language clean.

Last edited by LadyS; April 11th, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Wherever people think they can't be seen by others, there will soon be a signal six.

I've seen them all over the place.. cave, flume, chaps, on the train, in a spinnaker car, on the chute out, and security has a whole file of reports of people flashing the various freeze frame cameras.

Any number of shaded, dark, secluded nooks and crannies throughout the park that people find for fooling around.
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Red Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Wherever people think they can't be seen by others, there will soon be a signal six.

I've seen them all over the place.. cave, flume, chaps, on the train, in a spinnaker car, on the chute out, and security has a whole file of reports of people flashing the various freeze frame cameras.

Any number of shaded, dark, secluded nooks and crannies throughout the park that people find for fooling around.
I remember reading that book many times. I believe I saw a report of a signal six on the tower once involving an employee and a underage guest. It seemed most of the reports in that book had one particular location in common. The Cave! Damn Speelunkers!!!
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
When I was at Gold River, we got to be VERY good friends with security. One story...

Vivian was on lift for her hour. When she came down, she looked like she was in shock. All she could say was "They must have been in their 80s!"

When she finally came to her senses, we found out an old woman gave an old man a blow job and she saw it at the lift and on the cameras! (benefit of not having teeth to get in the way)

I can post more later, but I wanted to know what other indecent behavior that people have witnessed... Please keep the language clean.

Man! I've seen many things at Gold River, including the action you just described, but never with that age group! I always enjoyed working at Gold River including lift, but sometimes it felt like a peep show. But, there's nothing like stopping the boat on lift and giving the guests the surprise of their life!
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Black Tag

One day it was really slow and rainy. A little after 9pm, a couple came up to the chain in the line and stood there making out. My loader nodded at me as to what to do, so I nodded back to load them. She did, then did the same about whether to drop the break. I had decided that I wanted some amusement so I had her send them in.

After the boat was off the break, but still in view, I told the couple, "If you're going to do anything in there, make it good. We want the video to sell."

Girl - "You have cameras in there?!?!?"

Me - "Yep"

Guy - "Can I buy one?!?"

Me - "Sorry, only employees can buy the videos"

I called lift and told them that a boat with a couple was going to camera 1 and to call and let me know what they do in there. About five minutes later, she calls back laughing and said "I don't know what you said to them, but she wouldn't let him touch her the entire time!"
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Platinum Tag !

When did they install cameras in there? We didn't have fancy stuff like that just a flashlight.
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:

Man, where do I begin? Lift position could certainly be boring at times, but during every shift there was certainly some entertaining moments. Let me start with the animals I've seen at Gold River: Frogs, turtles, snakes, rats, birds, the largest Racoon in my life and who couldn't forget bats.
Heavy petting and other sex acts were a common occurrence. And let's not forget the marijuana smokers who thought they were being so cool. Lit cigarettes and marijuana blunts would always show up clearly on camera, it was quite easy to spot.
Now, people would often splash each other and I didn't really mind it. On one occasion I witnessed a group of teens who from the start of the ride were splashing each other. OK, no big deal, until they got to the Daffy Duck shoot out scene. I witnessed a kid get out of the boat and he jumped into the water in front of the boat. So, as the boat was moving along the trough, this kid was in the front of it splashing his friends. I couldn't believe this moron risked getting run over just so he could splash his friends. I called the dock and told them to call security but they never did.
And lastly, we can't forget the truly outrageous guests. Those who deliberately vandalized the animatronics. I've seen most of the characters get hit, spit on, drawn on and cut open. However, when I worked there, there was always one character in particular that would always get the worst treatment and that was the Road Runner in the scene with Wile Coyote. Too many times have I walked the Gold River trough at closing and noticed the Road Runner had been decapitated. It certainly makes you wonder what those little kids were thinking when they saw that Wile E Coyote had finally gotten the Road Runner

Sorry for the long post, but out of all the rides I worked at Six Flags, Gold River was my most memorable.

Cheers,
Old April 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Black Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviRaider View Post
Man, where do I begin? Lift position could certainly be boring at times, but during every shift there was certainly some entertaining moments. Let me start with the animals I've seen at Gold River: Frogs, turtles, snakes, rats, birds, the largest Racoon in my life and who couldn't forget bats.
Heavy petting and other sex acts were a common occurrence. And let's not forget the marijuana smokers who thought they were being so cool. Lit cigarettes and marijuana blunts would always show up clearly on camera, it was quite easy to spot.
Now, people would often splash each other and I didn't really mind it. On one occasion I witnessed a group of teens who from the start of the ride were splashing each other. OK, no big deal, until they got to the Daffy Duck shoot out scene. I witnessed a kid get out of the boat and he jumped into the water in front of the boat. So, as the boat was moving along the trough, this kid was in the front of it splashing his friends. I couldn't believe this moron risked getting run over just so he could splash his friends. I called the dock and told them to call security but they never did.
And lastly, we can't forget the truly outrageous guests. Those who deliberately vandalized the animatronics. I've seen most of the characters get hit, spit on, drawn on and cut open. However, when I worked there, there was always one character in particular that would always get the worst treatment and that was the Road Runner in the scene with Wile Coyote. Too many times have I walked the Gold River trough at closing and noticed the Road Runner had been decapitated. It certainly makes you wonder what those little kids were thinking when they saw that Wile E Coyote had finally gotten the Road Runner

Sorry for the long post, but out of all the rides I worked at Six Flags, Gold River was my most memorable.

Cheers,
Ahhh, where to start...

Yes the lit cigs were very obvious... Never found marijuana though... We named the Raccoon "Rascal" and she had babies in 97. We also had a oppossem named "Pumper" after he led to a pump stop before open one morning.

The splashing reminded me of an indecent act of another kind.

I was on lift and saw that apparently, someone's little boy didn't go before he got in line. As his boat came through camera 2, he was clearly peeing in the water. If that wasn't bad enough, the next boat coming through on camera 2, the guy in front scooped up a double handful of water and took a drink! That water was so nasty we could never get why someone would do that.

And we did notice the mend job on roadrunner, though we never had vandalism problems that year, aside from people stealing Texas T from Daffy...

A modern PS sup said she had once found a parent letting their kid go #2 in Modern gardens because she couldn't find a bathroom. This was right across the walkway from the yogart stand in modern- right in front of modern restrooms!

And then there was a Looney land employee's story. She was on bathroom detail in LL. When she went in, she found a lady holding her kid over the sink. When the employee questioned her, she said "I'm not having my child sit on that nasty toilet!" Guess she thought other kids should wash their hands in her kid's toilet...
Old April 13th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Platinum Tag !

Quote:
Ahhh, where to start...

And then there was a Looney land employee's story. She was on bathroom detail in LL. When she went in, she found a lady holding her kid over the sink. When the employee questioned her, she said "I'm not having my child sit on that nasty toilet!" Guess she thought other kids should wash their hands in her kid's toilet...

LL bathrooms always made me laugh, when working at the splash crossing, back when you could still get to Looney Land by going down Big Ben Strip, people would always ask for the nearest bathroom. Of course we sent them to the LL train car. The only problem was you had to get down on one knee to use the tiny facilities
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Blue Tag

That quite possibly was the worst thing about looney land. The damn bathrooms.

Wait of course there was the 45 freekin minutes it took to get the crew to rotate rides.