Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Ride Operations

Ride Operations Ride Operations discussion

Old June 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Platinum Tag !

Default Giant's PA

Brian,
Your right about that PA system at Giant it was sweet! It was expecially great to use the "all page" button, you could hear that thing all the way over at Mine Train! I remember when I was assistant there, we hooked up a tape player to the system down in the computer room and rocked out for a couple of days on the dock. I also remember Brandon Fuller doing many an imitation on there. Eventually, in 93, that PA system finally gave out, after it was played with so much and they replaced it with a regular crapy one, like every other ride had and only the speaker on the dock worked. It was fun while it lasted!
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Platinum Tag !

The cool PA system was long gone when I was the foreman at Giant in the second half of '94. But that driver's box was awesome. I spent many a long hour in there with a heater and a radio. It went away after that season.

Brandon Fuller, there's a name I haven't thought of in awhile. He was in my brother's wedding nine years ago and I haven't seen him since. Last I heard he was coaching high school baseball.
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Black Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Wright
You named some that I had forgot. But how could you forget Jill? Let's see Amy, Angie, ok I'm running out now. Troy Langston came on later. Funny how we only seem to remember the girls names.... I do remember the great PA system the ride had.

It was fun over there, I had a hard time going to Mini Mine after that but Jodie was a cool foreman and even though it had a small crew they were a good group of people. From the biggest to the smallest.....
I can't believe i forgot Amy and Jill. Jill did nicki's makeup at our wedding . Yeah I remember Troy too.
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Red Tag

Please,

I do not believe you. Brandon Fuller cutting up acting crazy, pfff

I'll never forget the evening a group of us went to Bennigans after work and Brandon's "narcolepsy" attacks started happening at the table. Of course the whole table got looks because we just went on about our business as he laid there on the floor and the whole restaurant watched. He was fun to be around.
Old June 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

I saw Fuller at Brandon McDaniel's bachelor party a few years ago. I gave him 20 bucks so he could get a lap dance, and haven't seen him since. He's clearly been avoiding me so he won't have to pay me back.

Earlier this year, I went to a Critical Incident Stress Management class with a bunch of people from the Keller School district - he was teaching in that district. He wasn't at that class, but I got the impression from the folks that he worked with that he was teaching at an elementary school.
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Red Tag

A teacher huh? Ought to be an interesting class to sit in on. Brandon McDaniel I haven't heard about in awhile. He and David Justin where my last assistants I ever had since I went to Engine the next year. Are you still in contact with him?
Old June 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Off and on.. he and I were roommates for a couple years after he left Six Flags. He's also a teacher, I believe he's the English Department chairperson at Sam Houston.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Black Tag

When I was lead at Freeze in '00 I was at the launch position on yet another busy concert saturday. Train A had just finished, parked itself on the table, and proceeded to move back to home position. As it was moving it all of a sudden sped up, the ride E-stopped itself but not before the table slammed into the home position and bounced back towards the middle about three feet . I just stood there in awe for what seemed like a long time and before I knew it I had a person at the entrance, a couple babysitting the train, and called in code 2 for......well......the table speeding up.....E-stopping.....and slamming into the home position. Maint. cleared everything out and couldn't exactly replicate so it was "fixed". Flash forward a couple of days and once again I'm standing at the launch position. I was moving the same table over to launch, it sped up, went past launch, slammed into B side (while guests were unloading), then E-stopped itself. After shutting the ride down completely for the rest of the day maint. found that it was just one wire on the table that had a short in it.

Oh and we had a faulty photo-eye at the far end of the tunnel. On occasion the train would fly out of the tunnel, a trouble light would pop up, and we would pray that the train would come back. As short of a ride as Freeze was it always seemed like the train was gone for like 5 minutes when something went wrong like that.
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Blue Tag

Whaaaat!!! Oh well, I'll try not to remember this story while I'm riding.
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Black Tag

Default Giant

I remember the Giant getting stuck several times in the helix which has been mentioned already. We'd wait for the train but it wouldn't ever come. I also remember someone coming into the station with their lapbar open or maybe even missing. It's become personal lore by now so I don't really remember. Jay would remember this one I think.