Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Random Ramblings...

Random Ramblings... anything goes..within reason. (jokes, political discussions...oh wait that is a joke, events in Texas) ...well anything. ;-)

Old October 15th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Gold Tag

Default Yet another sequel

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/396804...-entertainment

I'm not liking this at all.
Shockwave - 1993
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM
General Manager

Default Re: Yet another sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilken View Post
I'd be happier to see a sequel than a remake. With the right people behind the project, it might be ok, but I doubt it'll ever come close to the original film.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

If the right people are involved, then it could be good. Probably other than WWII, support for the military is higher than it has ever been in this country. Now is the time to make this film, if there ever was one.

Bruckheimer and Scott were the magic combo for the first one. I will watch the development of this project with a scrutinous but optimistic eye.

Is scrutinous even a word? It is now.
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator

What the heck? An updated version? Who will they fight? There is no more Soviet mystery fighter to 'splash'. They can't update it with any Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran theater operations. Seems like it would be boring without the beautiful ol Tomcat. I guess they could fight the Chinese. We'd own them. Oh wait...they 'own' us!

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old October 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Gold Tag

This is a good idea, as long as Scott and Bruckheimer are on board. I LOVED Top Gun as a kid. Also, I think it is time to remake Iron Eagle. The original took place in the Middle East so I think they could just do some updating, get better actors, less cheesy dialogue and you have a great movie!!
Old October 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM
General Manager

LOL, I just DVR'd Iron Eagle when it came on late Saturday night.
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
LOL, I just DVR'd Iron Eagle when it came on late Saturday night.
I love Iron Eagle...much more than Top Gun...
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Even as a 15 year old kid who was obsessed with fighter planes, I thought Iron Eagle was a ridiculous movie.

Seriously, a bunch of teenagers stealing two F-16s from an Air Force base, then flying them across the ocean at an altitude of 50 feet?

It's a shame, because it probably would have been a pretty entertaining movie had I not focused on the high degree of improbability.

I was sad for Louis Gossett, Jr for being involved with it. At least it had the Queen song to give it some positive spin.

Top Gun was by far the better movie, but they made multiple sequels of Iron Eagle? Travesty! DAMNABLE INJUSTICE!
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:52 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Even as a 15 year old kid who was obsessed with fighter planes, I thought Iron Eagle was a ridiculous movie.

Seriously, a bunch of teenagers stealing two F-16s from an Air Force base, then flying them across the ocean at an altitude of 50 feet?

It's a shame, because it probably would have been a pretty entertaining movie had I not focused on the high degree of improbability.

I was sad for Louis Gossett, Jr for being involved with it. At least it had the Queen song to give it some positive spin.

Top Gun was by far the better movie, but they made multiple sequels of Iron Eagle? Travesty! DAMNABLE INJUSTICE!
I didn't say it made sense, just that I always enjoyed it more than Top Gun (granted it's been YEARS since I've seen it, and my memories of it's greatness may be just happy memories than actual quality of film). The sequels were horrible though...I think I've only watched the second one all the way through because of my love of the first one and only seen bits and pieces of the others on cable since II blew so bad. I will say that I've seen Top Gun more recently and can enjoy it more now than I did as a kid.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:01 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
At least it had the Queen song to give it some positive spin.
"Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee....fried chicken!"