Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Random Ramblings...

Random Ramblings... anything goes..within reason. (jokes, political discussions...oh wait that is a joke, events in Texas) ...well anything. ;-)

Old October 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM
General Manager

Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilken View Post
Golden Corral has some damn good green beans and the rolls smothered in butter are yummy goodness.

I love Golden Corral. So much good food. You gotta watch yourself, though, to make sure you don't overdo it.
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
I love Golden Corral. So much good food. You gotta watch yourself, though, to make sure you don't overdo it.
If you are going to a place such as Golden Corral, you are not thinking about watching yourself to not overdo it. The only thing you are watching is to see when your favorite item is replinished so you can rush over and get seconds or thirds...
Shockwave - 1993
Old October 27th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
In TX I was always a Bueno/Cabana fan myself...could not stand Bell...anytime I ate it I felt like crap (so I didn't eat it often), it just tasted fake....however, I LOVE my Taco Bell here in FL...I guess they are getting their food from another vendor or supplier than the ones in TX because it tastes really good here...still not Bueno, but since I don't have any of those down here Bell is making a much better run for my wallet than it ever had a chance to in TX...in the year and a half I've been here I think I've eaten at TB more times than the 15 years (just counting from when I got my license) that I was in TX
Have to agree with Vance.....could not tolerate Taco Bell....don't know what it was about their process/preparation....but everytime I ate there my stomach started feeling bad within the hour. I was always a Taco Bueno or Two Pesos fan myself, Taco Bueno had a nice sauce that they used that tasted great. Unfortunately we don't have very many down in the Houston area, the only one that I can recall off the top of my head is off of 105 in Conroe. Guess they have not expanded in Houston as they see the many Taquerias as too much competition, they are everywhere!
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:41 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnic thunder View Post
Have to agree with Vance.....could not tolerate Taco Bell....don't know what it was about their process/preparation....but everytime I ate there my stomach started feeling bad within the hour. I was always a Taco Bueno or Two Pesos fan myself, Taco Bueno had a nice sauce that they used that tasted great. Unfortunately we don't have very many down in the Houston area, the only one that I can recall off the top of my head is off of 105 in Conroe. Guess they have not expanded in Houston as they see the many Taquerias as too much competition, they are everywhere!
Ah, Two Pesos. When I used to get off from work at 2 or 3 in the AM, I'd swing by their drive-thru om the way home. Not sure what it was about the taco meat, but it was great for nachos. And their Coke always seemed to have a cherry hint to it, as does Bueno amd Cabana, but even moreso at Pesos. I also loved their enchiladas.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Gold Tag

Two Pesos and Bueno were just down the street from the park on North Collins....many days after work we headed to one of the two...usually depended on what time it was as to which one we went to...i did like the 99 cent margaritas at Two Pesos. I guess the Two Pesos is now a Taco Cabana, and everytime I come home I have to make sure I make a stop at Bueno on South Cooper
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
General Manager

Location: Hurst, TX, but every day I pretend it's somewhere in Colorado or British Columbia.

Actually, it's a Chik-Fil-A now. Which is good and bad. There is a Cabana at Pioneer/360 and I think there is one in the I20/Green Oaks area.
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Gold Tag

I have a Taco Cabana 1/2 mile from my house at Beach and Western Center. I love the fact that they are open 24 hours. I love bean and cheese nachos, and they have the best as far as fast food in my opinion. Does anybody else remember the old school Taco Bueno bean and cheese nachos? They would put the beans at the bottom of the cup, then put the cheese on top of that. Mix it up and you had a cup of beany, cheesy nirvana to dip your chips into. Now they just put a few chips in a container and throw on a little beans and cheese. Just not the same.
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Actually, it's a Chik-Fil-A now. Which is good and bad.
Your tales of nearly starving to death on Sundays are greatly exaggerated.
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStroop View Post
Actually, it's a Chik-Fil-A now. Which is good and bad. There is a Cabana at Pioneer/360 and I think there is one in the I20/Green Oaks area.
Guess I need to take a little time next time I am home and refamiliarize myself with the area around Cowboys Stadium....I drive through there on my way to Irving but haven't really noticed what's still there and what isn't!
Old October 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
I have a Taco Cabana 1/2 mile from my house at Beach and Western Center. I love the fact that they are open 24 hours. I love bean and cheese nachos, and they have the best as far as fast food in my opinion. Does anybody else remember the old school Taco Bueno bean and cheese nachos? They would put the beans at the bottom of the cup, then put the cheese on top of that. Mix it up and you had a cup of beany, cheesy nirvana to dip your chips into. Now they just put a few chips in a container and throw on a little beans and cheese. Just not the same.
Totally not related to TexMex....but speaking of old school....I remember going to Burger King as a teenager at the corner of Benge and Cooper in Arlington to buy a Whopper....I want to say back then they were huge.....on a ginormous bun....I recently stopped by a BK down here in Clear Lake and grabbed a Texas Double Whopper on the go as I was in a hurry....I told them that I think they gave me the wrong burger as I ordered a Whopper....they told me it was the right burger....it was so small!! Your right....just not the same....but cost twice as much!!