Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
. . . only those who can rent the most expensive suites get a view of the park.
Let me guess. With the economy rooms, you have the opportunity to stare at a brick wall.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Gold Tag

The Disneyland Hotel goes a long way back, I think to the 1950s. Later, they added a 2nd, The Pacific- I'm not sure of the name. Then, The Californian was built at the same time the new park was added. I'm sure Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong have their own hotels too.

A word of advice: if you ever stay at a Disney hotel, be sure to book your stay through Disney Travel. You'll get a much better room and overall better treatment than if you book through an outside agent.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleusk View Post
Let me guess. With the economy rooms, you have the opportunity to stare at a brick wall.
I had a lovely view of the Anaheim sprawl.... I should have booked through Disney.

Some of the lesser rooms on the east side have good views, but they reserve those who book through Disney.

Last edited by Capstan; January 10th, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:01 PM
General Manager

I'll be adding more thoughts to this thread as we go but here's an easy one. Time to return the treehouse to it's Swiss Family Robinson theme at Disneyland.
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:13 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
Time to return the treehouse to it's Swiss Family Robinson theme at Disneyland.
Huh? You mean they changed it? When and how? This is definitely news to me.
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Gold Tag

Following the release of the Tarzan movie, they remade it into Tarzan's Tree House. I think it should be returned to Swiss Family, too.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM
General Manager

Default Re: If You Made An Attraction . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Mary Poppins. You'd enter the ride from Cherry Tree Lane, into the Banks' house, where you'd board chairs suspended beneath an umbrella. It would be a flying ride, like Peter Pan. You'd visit the Bird Woman, sail into a chalk painting, have a tea-party on the ceiling, and at one point, go right up a chimney to the rooftops of London, where the chimney sweeps dance and Admiral Boom shoots fireworks at you. Cheroo!
I recently heard a podcast from someone with a really good Disney connection talking about a Mary Poppins attraction and this thread instantly came to my mind. There was (and still is I suppose) conceptual drawings done for this ride MANY years ago, but unlike your flying umbrella system, you would instead board carousel horses, do a lap around the carousel and then they would hop off like in the chalk scene, then you would visit scenes through the movie. Unfortunately the ride system wasn't feasible for crowds and the technology available at the time. It would be very interesting to see what they could do with this concept now.