Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:09 PM
General Manager

Default Disney's "Texposition"

Dallas' Disney connection? Unfortunately, "Texposition" never became reality. I also remember reading in the newspapers about the same time that Disney planned a similar project in Austin, but that sort of faded away quietly as well. Check out other projects on this website that "never were".

http://www.disneydrawingboard.com/Te...xposition.html

And those aren't even counting all the rumors that still float around in every state --- any time anyone buys a chunk of land, rumor has it that it's Disney.

Last edited by Twisted; October 29th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Disney's "Texposition"

Neato. I like the Service Yards... just kidding. I would have loved the Jungle Water Way.

-Get your nostalgic Six Flags Fix here at SFOT.NET

Old October 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM
General Manager

I wonder if the "Time Machine" restaurant name would have been changed since there's already a "Magic Time Machine" in the area (as well as Austin And San Antonio I think).
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:30 PM
General Manager

If I remember correctly about these projects, Disney had no interest in putting them in a retail environment and instead wanted them to stand on their own and be the "star" while the other side wanted them in retail heavy areas (think something like the Arlington Highlands or Southlake Town Square) where it would be the headliner, but not necessarily the only star...an example of this on the smaller scale is the Disney Quest project (a big arcade with a variety games, rides, and simulators) where they planned on building them across the country in all the big cities but only built one outside of WDW in Chicago where it failed miserably (and it doesn't do great at WDW but well enough to keep the doors open but there is a constant rumor it is closing)...and yes I realize what I just wrote is essentially what the website says but this is what I heard before seeing the website

Of course what's funny now is that DTD on both coasts is turning onto environments that Disney was initially trying to avoid by bringing in big third party retailers so it draws in locals and tourists