Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
General Manager

Vance hit it right on the head about WDW. And Disney really does run a tight ship there. DL, on the other hand, is at the mercy of Anaheim's city regulations, sometimes forcing security to be reactive instead of proactive.

WDW may be privately owned, but it's also incorporated as a small city in essence, better known as the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Thus they have their own city departments which allow it to be quite efficient, instead of having to coordinate every move with outside agencies. When I was last there at the Pop Century Resort, I happened to read the city permit on the elevator, only to discover that WDW had their own permit department.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
Thus they have their own city departments which allow it to be quite efficient, instead of having to coordinate every move with outside agencies.
True, but they don't have a "police force"...only security so they have to depend on Orange County Sheriff officers (or Osceola depending what section of the property you're in) to do the heavy lifting of actually arresting people. Now that I think about it, I've only seen them parked outside the front gates sitting in their cars and patroling the roads, but have never seen one inside the parks. I'm going to keep a eye out the next time I'm out there (and no snide marks about how often I go Michael) and see if their ever on stage or if they are always tucked away in the back out of the view of guests. And not that I know by personal experience, but Disney Security can pull your car over inside Disney property, but does not have the power to issue a ticket to you unless you're a Cast Member. They usually just tell you to slow down, be careful, etc. unless they have a good reason to call a sheriff's deputy to the scene.

As a side note, they do have some of the coolest looking Fire Departments I've ever seen, I'll have to stop and get pics one day. Since they are a part of the district (ie owned by Disney) you'd almost expect their trucks to look like something out of the 1920's so as to not ruin the story, but the trucks I've seen have got to be some of the most top of the line equipment out there (not that I know much about fire trucks/engines to start with, but you get the idea)
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
General Manager

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
(and no snide marks about how often I go Michael)
Nah, I'd be there a lot too if I lived there and had an annual pass. Plus I'm sure your kids think you're the greatest!

I'm trying to remember if Celebration is part of the RCID or not.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedmister View Post
I'm trying to remember if Celebration is part of the RCID or not.
After doing some quick double checking on wikipedia to make sure, Celebration is in the far south section of RCID, but Disney got rid of the majority of it's interests in the town a couple of years ago though it still holds several offices there. It's not incorporated as a city though so it also doesn't have a police force. It is a beautiful little town though, very Norman Rockwell meets Stepford meets Disney.
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceCope View Post
very Norman Rockwell meets Stepford meets Disney.
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the Stepford Wives DVD at Wal-Mart! I remember that Disney had such control over every facet of the community. They were like a "neighborhood association fom hell" according to one resident that I met. And that Disney once had first right to buy any property in case you decided to sell. No idea what it's like now, but I'm sure the standards are still quite high. I always liked the shopping area for Celebration as it reminded me of Mayberry or a Rockwell painting, just like you said.
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Gold Tag

As far as WDW, I learned really fast to not go in April, when the rude ass Brazilian kids would show up. Those are the rudest people I had ever seen at Disney. Hell, they are even mentioned in the Unofficial Disney World book. You would stand in line for an hour, and as long as one of those "red shirts" were in line, they thought that meant ALL 50 of them could jump in line with them, completely pissing off everyone else. Their "chaperone's" NEVER did anything about it.

At SFOT, there was a group of teens that decided to jump the line at Flashback, and a person in line called them "stupid" and that started a fight. Security was called and took them away.

Last edited by sfotadmin; October 27th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:30 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshhmr View Post
As far as WDW, I learned really fast to not go in April, when the rude ass Brazilian kids would show up.
it's not just April, it's pretty much an all year thing since I see them everytime we go...personally I haven't had a bad experience with them other than getting in my way trying to get to point A to point B, but I have heard stories. And it's not just WDW they invade, it's all of Orlando...one week this summer we ran into the same group (I actually recognized faces) at the Mall, Aquatica (this was a positive and a negative if you know what i mean), and Disney
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Gold Tag

I just found this:

http://cbs4.com/local/Caesar.Pinto.Walt.2.1272916.html

Oct 27, 2009 1:21 pm US/Eastern Man Accused Of Fondling Woman At Disney Park
Woman Reportedly Fondled In Typhoon Lagoon Wave Pool ORLANDO (CBS4) ―

A South Florida man was arrested in Orlando after police say he fondled a woman at a popular Walt Disney World water park.

19-year-old Caesar Pinto, of Fort Lauderdale, was arrested after allegedly fondling a woman in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

Investigators say the 30-year-old victim at first thought it was an accident when she felt someone grab her bikini and touch her. She began yelling and kicking after she saw Caesar Pinto approach again when the next wave came.

A park security guard watched Pinto after the Sunday incident until Orange County deputies arrived. Pinto, who has since bonded out, was at the park with his mother.

Disney says the arrest shows that kind of behavior won't be tolerated at the park.

At least five similar arrests have been made in the past few months at Orlando water parks, including another at Typhoon Lagoon, Sea World's Aquatica and Universal's Wet 'n Wild.
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:07 PM
General Manager

Well, here's a vid of the Disney "secret service" in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAqZd22UHuU
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Gold Tag

After following your link I watched one of the other videos linked to that one on Occultic Symbols and Disneyland. Now it makes sense! Guests there are under the influence of forces beyond their puny comprehension.